Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: New team principal
Posted by: Ozzy Osbone
Date: 04/09/2020 17:01
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Things always happen faster than people think. The uptake of EVs is massive and the sales of ICE cars are crashing. Who would buy a new diesel car now? Certainly the tax benefits to business users are massive for EVs.
I think F1 could be left out on a limb with their stupid hybrid tech.

Fine by me if F1 went full electric. Imagine what could be achieved if they did. Same for hydrogen.
Formula e is just an electric go cart race not technology race.

I think Hydrogen is probably a better bet. Not for road cars where it's pointless but at least you still have a sort of engine and a tank of fuel. Ultimately, like with a train, the engine is not directly connected to the wheels but one thing is for sure. Burning oil is on the way out and very soon. So F1 has to react in some way. It's like Lexus and their 'self charging hybrid'. It's simply not possible. They are suggesting they have mastered perpetual motion. The motion comes from burning oil or from harvesting energy as you roll down a hill that took burning oil to get to the top of. You can't get something for nothing unless you use natural forces such as the sun or the tides / wind etc.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net