Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: British GP - Friday to Sunday
Posted by: clifftribe
Date: 31/07/2020 14:03
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Mehryar
Still it looks like we are not the slowest of all...Something that was a dream a couple of months ago is not enough for us now.

To me our pace is still somewhat artificial. Just imagine if Alfa and Haas had and engine that's not 50 bhp down on Mercedes. We clearly improved over 2019 but our engine advantage is masking still the slowest car in the field.

My comparison is with the pace setters and the Mercedes team using the same PU.It has improved alot.

About the 50 bhp deflect, it's still a rumor by a german source I think.very unreliable, atleast with the size of the deflect.The very same source which claims the gap is 50 now between Mercedes and Ferrari, tells the difference was 70 last season in Quali mode.Whether this 120 bhp difference is way off the truth or 10% of power output doesn't bring much of a difference on track considering the gap Haas shows on track this season.

The PU effect this season is over rated.Performances on 2 power circuit weekends in Austria and a high downforce one in Hungary proves that Mercedes, Williams and Racing point have made good steps on aero side, though combined with abit of engine help, can't deny that.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net