Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Stuart L
Date: 25/02/2020 11:49
I thought Iíd post this topic, and try to make it a sensitive topic given the threat of pandemic. I think this virus is going to have real implications for F1;

1) Chinese Grand Prix postponed....

2) significant outbreak in Northern Italy not at all far from Maranello. I wonder how many Ferrari employees live in the quarantine zone. Probably not many but if Milan gets quarantined?

3) we could see other events being postponed, or held behind closed doors with empty grandstands to stop convergence of crowds?

4) which team could suffer a big outbreak at its HQ...it could shut them down for weeks....meaning they miss races / get miles behind on 2021 development. Could 2021 rules changes be deferred for a year.

5) which car company withdraws from the sport due to sales falls arising from Coronavirus? I think Renault and maybe Honda. February sales on China were down 94%!

6. Could a driver get it...they meet so many people, fly so much...

3,4,5,6 above havenít happened yet....but we all crystal ball gaze and they are all quite feasible.

Wishing you all well if this virus is in your country...just a matter of time before we all get it I think.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net