Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Monaco GP: Sat Practice & Qualifying
Posted by: Gunk
Date: 26/05/2019 17:57
Quote:
Mehryar
Gunk, you're over-analyzing this.
No, The gap is not a tenth mate, it's 6tenths.There's no reason to take away 1-2 weekends out of calculations.

There's a simple fact that an experienced driver must beat his rookie team mate, atleast in first few races.Good drivers can do it like Sainz is doing it or like Kimi is doing that.Mediocre drivers fail to do so.Like Kvyat is failing to own Albon atm...Terrible ones get beaten by their rookie team mate in every single session and with a big gap.Kubica belongs to that league.There's no analyze to change this truth.

To remind you, I can remember 2 direct posts with you before the season that I was saying we have a rookie driver line up so even if the car is good enough, It would be hard to fight with midfield cars.You answered that you won't see Robert as a rookie and if he fails to perform and beat George in opening races, you would be disappointed.

I can understand your optimism and I hope Monaco is the start of a change for Robert as he looked alot better here than last few qualifyings but so far, It couldn't be worse.

I think the memory plays strange tricks, Mehryar.

I have posted several times I expected to Robert to struggle in Q and using Schu as an example. If you can find something else, please find it.

Quote:
No, The gap is not a tenth mate, it's 6 tenths. There's no reason to take away 1-2 weekends out of calculations.

FYI. I didn't leave any times out of the statistics quoted. Compute them for yourself.

Up to and including Baku the gap was 0.15s. Overall, right up to and including Monaco, the average gap is 3.8 - still not the worst on the grid. Not good enough I agree, but six races?

Would you fire Gasly at this point?

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net