Current Page: 1 of 2
Eifel GP Friday to Sunday.
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2020 08:25

Looks like a wet Friday but the weekend would seem to be dry. Another one of those weekends where we all hope to see a result from Williams. Based on the last few I am not going to make any predictions as I never get them right.

But on a positive note the new owners certainly from Simon Roberts comments are committed to the long term future of the team which is great to hear.

Re: Eifel GP Friday to Sunday.
Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2020 08:59

Can I check...Is Jonathan Williams still in the business and running Heritage? The website says he is and rather than Dickie as manager itís now someone called Tom Morton. IE website updated to reflect Dickies deoarture but not Jonathan...so does that mean he is still there.

Andrew could you check this with the team please.

I wonder if Jonathan (who didnít get on with Claire), might seize any opportunity to remain a visible Williams presence in the team?

Maybe Iím clutching at straws.

The way I feel right now is Williams is lightweight with personality in terms of leadership. Simon Roberts looks a good steady considered manager but he doesnít ooze Drive / gravitas / personality.

Itís a competitive sport...to bring the sponsorship dollars in we need someone connected / living the team 24 hours, able to network above and outside the sport.

Claire was good at that and growing at doing it.a visible woman in a manís world...and had the charm to get the cash, and the oomph to drive a deal over the line.

Whoís that going to be now...whoís got the amazing personality to do it.

Could we take someone from another sport...a Seb Coe, Andrea Andrea Radrizzani who owns Leeds United and happy a great leader, who?

I donít want a mr boring heading our team.

Finding the right principal is the biggest decision fir the team and will make Or break its future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2020 09:03 by Stuart L.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 09 October, 2020 09:26

Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Looks like a wet Friday but the weekend would seem to be dry.
Why is it always this way and not the other way around? sad smiley

Date: 10 October, 2020 02:45

Well that was a day of much of nothing. Seeing telecasts with lots of talk but no cars. Hopefully Saturday will be better.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2020 07:48

Are they having any extra fp or just everything else as planned

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2020 09:01

No extra FPs

Date: 10 October, 2020 09:06

I very much doubt the team will have any time now to test out there New Theories on the car poor race pace.

So i guess we will have another@#$%&weekend.

We will have to wait till the following race to test out the new ideas..

Date: 10 October, 2020 10:12

Can anyone see any the changes on the car?

Date: 10 October, 2020 10:17

Stroll to forfeit this Fp3 as he is not feeling well.

Date: 10 October, 2020 11:41

The car has an updated colour scheme with what looks like more black along the chassis side and at the back of the side pods.

Anyway FP3 a bit uninspiring with both drivers making mistakes which did not help their soft tyre runs. 17th and 19th but it is so close so not sure how qualifying will fare.

Date: 10 October, 2020 13:23

Well we can now say the lack of pace is not down to the color scheme then hahahaha.

The Williams Boffins will have try something else next race. hahaha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2020 13:24 by GPL.

Date: 10 October, 2020 14:27

About where I expected them to finish in qualifying. Now it comes down to some luck to see if a result is possible come the race.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2020 08:21

Only hope is for a wet race I guess. Might ease cooling issues.

Stuart, I agree but I think Claire wants out. She wasn't given the chance she deserved. I think her brother is just not capable and that ship has sailed anyway. Agree they might need to look outside of F1 or a previous driver to lead the team.

Or just put PH in charge. Boom.

Date: 11 October, 2020 08:43

PH interesting but not sure he would want to do it. For me its time to get fresh people who take bring as they say a new perspective to the team.

The race I suspect will be another race of possibilities but starting from so far back makes it again a real race where luck plays a major part.

FYI Having issues with been able to upload content in particular pictures.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2020 08:53

I guess PH is just too old to have the energy. Harking back to the glory days again.

I think Merc will pull the plug on F1 in the next few years. Alpine branding already kind of shows that Renault is not happy with an oil burning series.

Interesting time.

Date: 11 October, 2020 09:01

We need a strong leader to start with.

These guys in charge now are not the ones.

I just hear the same ol PR speak.[

We need a leader who speaks his mind and will rock the boat and get this bloody team moving again.[/b]

Date: 11 October, 2020 09:52

Going on our poor speed trap figures this weekend it just looks like we have piled on the rear wing
again.
Same ol same ol@#$%&just going round in circles again with this years car as we have done these past
3 or 4 years..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2020 09:54 by GPL.

Date: 11 October, 2020 10:04

From what what i can see in the photo,s is the workmanship on this years car seems a lot better quality wise but regarding design and sophistication and performance it is very average indeed again.

Unless the new owners realize very very soon that whoever is in charge now of design has no idea of what needs to be done and get someone in who knows what they are doing our team will disappear.

They carry on with these designers at present and i see no more glory and no future.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2020 10:09 by GPL.

Date: 11 October, 2020 12:44

Russell out silly or unfortunate move from kimi

Posted by: Damon96 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2020 13:03

Well Kimi has screwed up a potential chance for a point with retirements going on. Latifi doing nothing again in a race.

Albonís driving badly again.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net