Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Russia Friday to Sunday
Posted by: WilliamsF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2020 12:38

Quote:
GPL
I will support my team, but i must see real progress soon, and if that is not possible with this car then some honest reasons/information/answers please.
They must change the culture at Williams and bring the team back into the light and out of the darkness and shady secrecy it has slowly but surely slipped into this past 25 years.

It would be great if we could see in season improvements and have confidence the team can build for the future.

Re: Russia Friday to Sunday
Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2020 21:12

I've said this before because I have been involved not only in my own businesses but also the family business and it gets very, very difficult. My own view is that Claire came in with the best intentions and was perhaps capable but it was just not possible. When you complicate family dynamics with business, it's not going to work, pretty much ever. I feel for her. Deputy this, deputy that. No. SFW, legend that he is should have completely and 100% stood aside and let her get on with it.

The result that he feared so badly is the same. She may have not been up to it but even if she had, she never had the chance to show it. Old men can't see this. He destroyed what he created in some ways. These people are not poor so we should not share too many tears but it's a shame I think.

But we have to realise that Williams F1 as we knew it was going to exist for the time that Frank was able to run it. Many names like Brabham and Tyrell have just gone. Lotus and so on.

So now we have a new Williams. Maybe modeled on Mclaren whos' founder perished long ago.

It's kind of a sobering thought on mortality. SFW may have had a small chance of handing over to his daughter (or son). But he just couldn't and therefore killed the team as it was. Now someone else has to pick it up. It looks hopeful today but there is no-one with the Williams name on board.

Hey ho. Lets see what happens. I'll keep supporting for now.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net