Current Page: 1 of 4
Russia Friday to Sunday
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 05:58

Based on Russell's and Latifi's comments doesn't look like this Sochi circuit is going to be the most favourable place to race. But let's see how Friday goes.

Re: Russia Friday to Sunday
Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 08:58

Latifi in the barriers.

Posted by: WilliamsF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 09:19

Is George running a modified engine cover? Looks a little different to the one on Latifi's twitter photo.

Date: 25 September, 2020 13:06

Impressive run from Latifi to be fractionally ahead of Russel after soft tyre runs. 15th and 16th is a positive way to start the weekend.

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 13:15

Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Impressive run from Latifi to be fractionally ahead of Russel after soft tyre runs.

Especially after binning it in FP1. I wonder if George might finally lose his 100% qualifying record tomorrow.

Date: 25 September, 2020 14:07

I don't think he will but so long as Latifi can keep it all together it will be close.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 14:36

Our race pace was nowhere I think...Quite behind Alfas.
We are losing a big amount of time in last sector.

Recently they make a good jump between friday and rest of the weekend, hopefully that will be the case again or else we will be nowhere.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Date: 26 September, 2020 03:54

It is impossible to assess where the cars are relative to other teams. Who knows what their pace is based on in terms of fuel etc.

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 10:05

13 and 15. Norris and Albon are out of position of course, but the progress is there for everyone to see. Well done team.

Let's hope George can sort out his starts and give us some joy tomorrow.

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 10:51

I will not commit to real progress being made until we see a competitive full weekend that means genuine qualie and race pace confirmed.

Not withstanding driver screw ups.

So lets see Q2 start positions first then possible points finishing race pace.

As far as i am aware only set up direction/changes has been made to the car and no new updates have been fitted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/09/2020 11:01 by GPL.

Date: 26 September, 2020 12:41

Can RUS make another attempt? I think he has the pace to be in the mix. Would be a pity to start 14th.

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 12:46

I think he has maxed the car today.

Date: 26 September, 2020 12:56

Yeah. I thought he was a bit closer.

Seems like we are making progress with the car though. If I see well, we seem to be doing something with the car's rake - it gets less on the straights, reducing drag. Mercedes and Renault do that much more.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 12:57

Outstanding performance from George today.

Date: 26 September, 2020 13:55

Yes Russell's performance was great and it showed that the car is making progress. Latifi had brake issues of some sort which affected his run. He would have performed so much better than his 19th.

As for George there was no point in doing a second Q2 run risking the car for no real gain. Maybe a place but still would have been outside the top ten. Better to save the car for the race.

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 14:11

George is a class act! He is certainly getting the most out of the car in qualy. Great job!!!

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 16:41

Brilliant job by George today...Let's see if he can have a good first lap tomorrow or not.
Points look to be too far away but some racing should be possible to do.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: jonnybario (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 11:21

Russell manages to slip back 3 places on the first lap amidst the carnage. It's a special talent.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2020 11:23

Yes I m baffled how he did that, at least he has managed to pit Infront of the rest

Date: 27 September, 2020 11:29

He gained a position after the restart. What a miracle!

PS: spole too soon. [:wor kid:]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2020 11:29 by Myvatn.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net