Current Page: 1 of 2
I'm starting to think
Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 16:44

George Russell will not get and is not worthy of getting a race seat at the factory Mercedes team.

Also if Williams could not score a point in a race like today's race they will not score a point this season.

Re: I'm starting to think
Date: 13 September, 2020 16:54

If you were the bosses at the Mercedes works team would you be giving Russell a race seat there?

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:07

Of course not. He would be getting overtaken by Verstappen and probably few others on the first laps and he'll be screwed during hot races in traffic with that Mercedes. VER's and LEC's racecraft is miles better than Georges anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 17:08 by ihme.

Date: 13 September, 2020 17:16

Today's result really does suck because I honestly think today was Williams only chance to get some points this season, after today I think it is safe to say Williams will end the 2020 season with zero WCC points.(Sm18)(Sm18)(Sm18)

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:35

I don't believe it was George's fault, he's been overdriving the car all year long, clearly the 3rd start from Raikkonen was what sentenced today's result has both of them tangled and Raikkonen got the best of George making him drop last.
At the moment Williams is worst for George and his carrer then the opposite, he may well be losing racecraft in our car.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:35

Yeah it sucks that George made a terrible start at the end on the same day that he made a good one , sry, a brilliant one on his first start.

Sadly for you Whitey, that seat most likely will go to George and he will disappoint you with winning some race, unlike a specific driver who ran away from being beaten by Max and is just wandering around in midfield.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Date: 13 September, 2020 17:47

Quote:
Mehryar
Yeah it sucks that George made a terrible start at the end on the same day that he made a good one , sry, a brilliant one on his first start.

Did he really had a brilliant start or he and Latifi got incredibly lucky when half of the field crashed into eachother? He ended up P11 and Latifi P13 after the first lap. I'm curious because I haven't seen his onboard and there wasn't even remotly nothing close to "a brilliant" start from Russell since 2019.

Posted by: Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:49

Donít forget Kimi and Grosjean had warmer tyres. They did an extra lap

Date: 13 September, 2020 17:56

Yeah but the other cars didnt and also started better than George.

Posted by: Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 18:09

So he lost 3 places. Vettel was the only other driver.

Date: 13 September, 2020 18:37

Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Mehryar

Did he really had a brilliant start or he and Latifi got incredibly lucky when half of the field crashed into eachother? He ended up P11 and Latifi P13 after the first lap. I'm curious because I haven't seen his onboard and there wasn't even remotly nothing close to "a brilliant" start from Russell since 2019.

Not fair ihme, not fair!

First of all he had overtaken 3-4 cars by first corner already, don't ever delete that thing from your memory.It was before the crashes others had.
Second, you should decide what you want to blame? Some races ago he did a very good initial start, very good getaway but placed his car in a wrong position for first corner and lost positions...you criticized him for having a terrible "first lap".then here he didn't have a strong getaway but positioned his car in a way which gave him the possibility of outbraking 3-4 cars by turn one, now you criticize his "start".

Yes, his first start was a brilliant one and positioned the car in a slot that is not for Williams atm.We could have 2 Latifis and end up 11th&12th at that restart anyway.

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:27

It's a bit unfair that a driver who is lapped and has a time penalty get's to be on the same lap at restart but anyway Raikkonen did a great 3rd start and he and George still touched but didn't get damage, sadly for us Kimmi got the best of that tangle, it's racing there will be other oportunities maybe even in my country at Portim„o, that's another track that F1 never raced and there may be scraps for the smaller teams there too.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 00:47

I don't like the un-lapping thing. Takes up racing time and why should they get a free reset? It's not a video game. They should go back to the old way.

As for the race, I enjoyed it, aside from the 3rd restart when my heart sank. However, RUS did put in a decent drive after that to at least try to catch VET and staying within 5s of RAI. Before the second red flag he was pulling away from VET I think.

Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 01:18

I do wonder though if we are missing something from our launch procedures and we are missing something that is making it difficult to launch the car off the line.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 01:48

I think probably yes. Maybe has to do with stubbornly insisting on building our own gearbox / diff instead of buying in a ready made part which in the financial circumstances would have been a better bet. That, the diff and software is what's going to get the car off the line.

Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 02:43

Interesting that there is a lot of opinion that George was responsible for the start line crash as he had allowed a big gap to the two in front to devolop,so then had to close it on the straight by accelerating and then had to lift as the front pack had not gone yet, causing the chaos behind.

Date: 14 September, 2020 12:19

Quote:
Mehryar
Sadly for you Whitey, that seat most likely will go to George and he will disappoint you with winning some race, unlike a specific driver who ran away from being beaten by Max and is just wandering around in midfield.

Firstly Mehryar I don't think George will be given a Merc race seat anytime soon and also Mehryar I bet you that Ricciardo will score more podiums than George does in the next 3 years.

Date: 14 September, 2020 12:21

Quote:
Mehryar

Ricciardo is a Formula 1 race winner, how many races has Russell won?

Also Mehryar think about what you said for a minute about drivers running away from Max, do you think Hamilton would want Max as a team mate at Mercedes or do you think Charles Leclerc would want Max as a team mate at Ferrari?

Ricciardo did the right thing moving away from Max trust me Mehryar the top 5 drivers in F1 at the moment would not want Max as a team mate, not just Ricciardo even the great Lewis Hamilton would not want Max as his team mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2020 12:31 by Matt Brown.

Date: 14 September, 2020 12:40

Mehryar just like Ricciardo all the number 1 top tier drivers in Formula1 would run from Max they would NOT want Max as their team mate, the top tier drivers aren't stupid, why go up against Max if you can help it....Max is toxic.

I bet George Russell would also run from Max...Russell would not want Max as a team mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2020 12:56 by Matt Brown.

Date: 14 September, 2020 14:58

Lol Whitey looks like I've hit a nerve but thanks for your warm words because looking at how your past predictions turned to be 100% wrong (Charles winning '19 title or how Renault will beat RBR in '20 or race wins for Dan this year) , makes me confident that George will have a stellar career ahead of him.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net