Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Italian GP Friday to Sunday
Posted by: Nuvolari (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 11:45

So, a historical GP this day. The last one as the real/old Williams before the Williams-family retire from F1. How do you guys feel about that?

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 12:34

I'm not fussed to be honest. I think it's been a slow death and we've discussed the reasons why. In some ways, inevitable that it would end up as a corporate entity. If you look back at maybe the last team with a legendary name to hit the wall, maybe Tyrell, I think if I have the timeline right, that is now the Merc team. ?? Lotus went too. Brabham etc. I think when a team has a very headstrong and determined person in charge, it tends to fade with them.

Perhaps Mclaren is the exception due to Mayer and Dennis coming along at the right time as well as Tag and some exceptional drivers.

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 12:49

So is it 100% set in stone that the team will still be called Williams for ever or will there be a name change in the next 2 or 3 years and the team will not be called Williams anymore???

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 13:12

Here we go hope there will be a chaotic first turn and may we benefit from it. Lady luck, turn to this side please

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 13:23

Ofc Russell & Latifi couldn't overtake any car during start. They gained 1 place only because MAG had a horrible start and lost 5 places.

Posted by: XBX (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 13:40

They have committed to keeping the name and the FW naming of the chassis

They also get historical payments in the new Concorde Agreement worth around $10 million a year if they keep it

Date: 06 September, 2020 13:59

nasty hit for Leclerc, race red flagged, currently latifi in 9th, because he pitted earlier and Russell 15th. Hamilton should get a 10 stop and go penalty, like Giovanazzi. as they entered in pit when it was closed. hamilton could end up at the bottom of the grid.

Date: 06 September, 2020 14:10

GP will resume in 10 mins 16:20 Italian GP time

Date: 06 September, 2020 14:18

Standing start not a safety car start, very soon now.

Date: 06 September, 2020 15:06

What a race, what a finish, Latifi p11, again shy of the points

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 15:17

For real, what has to happen in the race for us to score just one frigging point?

Good race from Laiti, Russell once again disappointing on sunday but their team radio after the race thanking Claire was very nice.

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 15:26

Car totally lacked top speed - a shame the team couldn't / didn't want to bring a low downforce rear wing, maybe that way Russell could have passed Grosjean. Latifi only got Kimi because his tires were shot.

Date: 06 September, 2020 15:54

Well I found that exciting and slightly emotional. Great to see Gasly getting his win. He's been through a hell of a lot. We weren't even in the game. Budget cap and maybe some form of reverse grid sprint race with less points would make this sport entertaining again.

I can see Merc looking at RUS sooner rather than later. BOT has simply no answer to HAM. He's further off than ROS was.

As has been said, F3 and F2 are usually far more exciting than F1 these days.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 16:01

Super podium. And, oh dear, another race where Carlos might be wondering about a move to the red team?

Date: 06 September, 2020 16:08

Yeah. Poor Carlos. I hope he's on a good wage.........

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 16:31

And we beat all of Haases and Alfa Romeos again. I'm frustrated we didn't end up with a bit more luck this season so far- we could be sitting 8th in WCC!

Posted by: jonnybario (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 16:44

Stoked for Pierre Gasly. It doesn't happen too often, but great to see one of the genuinely nuce guys win. It may have taken a big stroke of luck, but he's definitely earned it from his performances since getting the boot from Red Bull. Such a shame we couldn't have nicked a point in Clare's last race.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 16:57

Great race but to see George sticking with Haas gearbox and then losing out even with DRS and toe, was painful! How much drag do we have on this car? Ok it's draggy but what the hell was that rear wing? You can't race with such a wing in Monza, that's for sure!

Bittersweet taste to see Claire at the end of the race.
Bitter as Williams isn't for Williams anymore but sweet because we can start a new chapter, hopefully with proper guys who know about the team's legacy and spirit.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 17:15

I still can't believe Sainz gave up his McLaren seat for the Ferrari seat....Geez thats a bad move for Carlos.

I hope Carlos is on 20 million dollars a year at Ferrari because at least 20 million a year will help ease the pain of such a bad career move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2020 17:19 by Matt Brown.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2020 18:46

Quote:
Matt Brown
I still can't believe Sainz gave up his McLaren seat for the Ferrari seat....Geez thats a bad move for Carlos.
I hope Carlos is on 20 million dollars a year at Ferrari because at least 20 million a year will help ease the pain of such a bad career move.
Dude, just wait at least until the next season to make such judgements. If Ferrari is better than McLaren in the next 3 years, you will look stupid. Just as you did with "Ricciardo masterstroke" and "100% sure that Leclerc would be a WDC in 2019". Well, maybe at this point you don't care anymore because you're already used to it. (Sm7)

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net