Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: New team principal
Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 10 September, 2020 10:16

Lots of wishful thinking by myself and some others i know.

If the new owners are serious about buying this Name/Brand then they have to go for it 100% Big Time.

If you have the money which they have and you want quick success results then do it.

Money will buy anything and anyone that is a fact.[b]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 10:18 by GPL.

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2020 09:35

I am hearing Stroll is trying to get Newey to join Aston Martin.

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2020 09:37

I will be spewing if Aston Martin get Newey instead of Williams getting him (Sm19)(Sm19)(Sm19)

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2020 09:46

Quote:
Matt Brown
I will be spewing if Aston Martin get Newey instead of Williams getting him (Sm19)(Sm19)(Sm19)

If anyone can do it, Lawrence Stroll can.

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2020 09:52

If the new owners turn round Williams fortunes very rapidly, and I hope they do, SFW and The old board, really will have egg on their faces!

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 12:32

Otmar Szafnauer is believed to be heading to Williams as a new team principal as Andy Cowell will likely take his current role at Aston Martin.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 01:57

Otmar is OK. What we need is design talent though. Throw money at that or copy the bloody Merc like RP did. We probably also need more integration on the transmission side from our engine supplier too, whoever that may be.

Fed up with running around at the back.

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 10:31

At the risk of repeating myself WE NEED A TOP TD / AERO MAN.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 22:24

Quote:
GPL
At the risk of repeating myself WE NEED A TOP TD / AERO MAN.

Yes because that's what helped us when we got a Mercedes guru the last time.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 01:23

He wasn't thought was he. I don't think his heart was in it or alternatively, the structure at Williams meant he could do what he needed to do. It was becoming a theme. Maybe now it will change.

Posted by: Mr Brooksy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 05:00

We had deBeer for a second, who is pretty handy. But he was blamed for the FW42

Posted by: GroveF1 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 15:46

Quote:
Mr Brooksy
We had deBeer for a second, who is pretty handy. But he was blamed for the FW42

TBH now the top brass has changed Iíd like to think (as much as thought for years) it the the Williams familyís stubbornness culture of remaining independent thatís to blame.

A strong head of technical to lead like Adrian is still required - the way Williams are Iím not a fan at present of them promoting within unless Simon is TP.

I donít know if we could get a better Managing Director than Simon Roberts though so you have to ask if itís easier keeping him as MD and getting a Team Principal in - Wolff was my hope but Otmar I would take

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 22:29

Quote:
Anderis
Otmar Szafnauer is believed to be heading to Williams as a new team principal as Andy Cowell will likely take his current role at Aston Martin.

Do you have a source for that? Thatís a pretty interesting development if true.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 01:00

Quote:
dot_com
Quote:
Anderis

I've read it on a Polish F1 website which cites racefans.net as their source (although I was not able to find the original article).

Posted by: Mr Brooksy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 02:35

Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
dot_com
Quote:
Anderis

I've read it on a Polish F1 website which cites racefans.net as their source (although I was not able to find the original article).

I've read the same headlines in a few F1 sites (didn't bother reading the articles at the time), NOW however every site I frequent on a daily basis has no signs of this rumour. Where they have gone only Daddy Stroll knows I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2020 02:36 by Mr Brooksy.

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 15:05

If itís true then thatís great news. The man has a wealth of experience. I like to think that finding a top TD and leader should be right at the top of the new owners agenda. Plus those Mercedes gearboxes.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net