Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Team Sold
Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 12:50

Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Maybe he has made his money and would just like a lie in of a weekend.

He can look after my 2 year old on a weekend. He would be back at work in a flash!!

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 13:01

Quote:
Anderis
The problem with Newey is that he is nearing retirement

Look at Helmut Marko he is a massive 15 years older than Adrian Newey and Helmut Marko has not retired yet....Newey has still got 15 years left in F1 before he retires.

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 13:07

Come to think about it, just when is Helmut Marko going to retire? He is 78 years old FFS and still not retired...WTF!!!

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 13:07

Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

He can look after my 2 year old on a weekend. He would be back at work in a flash!!

That he would. I raised 3 boys at one point all under 5. Going to work was like a holiday.

Date: 01 September, 2020 13:34

Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

That he would. I raised 3 boys at one point all under 5. Going to work was like a holiday.

I had a little break after 3 kids then popped in another for luck at 49 yo!! 2 girls and 2 boys to even up the arguments! Keeps me fit and on my toes! Also gets me to bed early!! :-)

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 20:30

Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

I had a little break after 3 kids then popped in another for luck at 49 yo!! 2 girls and 2 boys to even up the arguments! Keeps me fit and on my toes! Also gets me to bed early!! :-)

My eldest's middle name is Jenson and I was changing his nappy while his namesake was winning in Hungary 06 (I think). It's all good.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2020 20:39

Quote:
Matt Brown
Quote:
Anderis
The problem with Newey is that he is nearing retirement

Look at Helmut Marko he is a massive 15 years older than Adrian Newey and Helmut Marko has not retired yet....Newey has still got 15 years left in F1 before he retires.
Marko is just an advisor. He doesn't have anywhere near as much importance as people would like to give to Newey.

Date: 03 September, 2020 14:21

Quote:
Stu69
At some point in the very near future, the new owners will say to Claire she needs to buy as much as possible from Mercedes. She will either say YES SIR!!! Or NO SIR and will be replaced rapidly by someone who says YES SIR! If she says yes sir, it was obviously SFW blocking it before. interesting times.

Well one part of the prediction was right and the other might be.

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2020 14:43

One things for sure - with new management stepping in mid-year like this, the rest of the season is a guaranteed cluster***k for us.

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2020 15:05

"Williams Grand Prix Engineering today announces that Matthew Savage, Darren Fultz and James Matthews will make up the companyís new Board of Directors following Dorilton Capitalís acquisition of the team"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Polemik (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2020 09:42

New Williams owners: connection to the British royal family and F1-team is no longer listed on the shares market

The fog is slowly clearing around the new owners of the Williams team - Frank and Claire Williams have been fired from the board, new board members have been nominated.

(Motorsport-Total.com), 04.09.2020 09:49 - On Thursday it may have become clear why Claire Williams did not want to reveal a week ago in Spa which family is behind the investment company Dorilton Capital , which the traditional Formula 1 team recently took over. Because the connections of the new owners even extend to the British royal family.

On Friday the board of directors was replaced at Companies House (UK company register). It's a very sober entry that ends a glamorous era in Formula 1: "Termination of appointment of Frank Owen Garbett Williams as a director on September 3, 2020."

In addition to Frank Williams, Dorilton Capital also dismissed Claire Williams, Mike O'Driscoll, Douglas Lafferty and Mark Biddle from the board or completely dissolved the previous board. Instead of the previous five, there are now only three members of the committee: Matthew Savage, Darren Fultz and James Matthews.

O'Driscoll, Lafferte and Biddle were fired from the board on August 21, the day the takeover was announced. For Frank and Claire Williams, this step was taken on September 3rd. Which suggests that Dorilton Capital was actually surprised by their resignation and that there were actually five people on the board.

Is Pippa Middleton coming to a Grand Prix soon?
Matthews, in particular, is known to a wider public. The 45-year-old is the husband of Pippa Middleton and thus the brother-in-law of Prince William and Prince Harry. Matthews is a former young racing driver who won the British Formula Renault in 1994 and the Formula Renault Eurocup in the same year.

But because his great career didn't work out, he turned to the investment business at the turn of the millennium. Today the businessman, who comes from a wealthy family, is CEO of the Eden Rock investment group, which he named after his father David's famous Eden Rock hotel.

It gets exciting when you take a closer look at Eden Rock. Matthews has achieved his greatest successes in Formula Renault with the Manor team, which ran the Manor / Marussia Formula 1 team under the direction of Graeme Lowdon and John Booth. Lowdon is still a consultant to Eden Rock Sports today.

Formula 1 team was effectively withdrawn from the shares market
Also exciting: According to the board appointments in the company register, Dorilton Capital did not take over on the shares market listed company "Williams Grand Prix Holdings PLC", but apparently bought out its daughter company "Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited" with the Formula 1 team from the Williams Group. Which means that the F1-team is no longer listed on the shares market.

Otherwise little is known about the new owners. Savage, previously the public "front man" of the Williams investment, has served as Dorilton Capital's CEO since its inception in 2009. Prior to that, he worked for Rothschild in London and New York for 22 years.

And Fultz is a founding member of Dorilton Capital and has also been a managing director since 2018. He too came to the company from Rothschild. However , it has not yet been announced who will be operationally head of the team in Mugello after the resignation of Frank and Claire Williams .

original article in german:
[www.motorsport-total.com]

google translated:
[translate.google.sk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 15:00 by Polemik.

Posted by: SehnKhan (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2020 00:14

I'll keep a little part of Williams history with me forever, even if the circumstances were a little farcical.
Williams hold the place in the history books for the largest team points tally from a single Formula 1 race (2014, Abu Dhabi), owing to the "double-points" on offer at that years season finale (P2 and P3 for Williams, amassing 66 total points in a single race).
I was at that race - Even without the double-points fluff, it was a great day as a Williams fan, one I will cherish as a favourite (not THE favourite, but a favourite) memory of the team.

Current Page: 6 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net