Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 14:21

Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
Myvatn
Pace is decent. With GIO under investigation and Grosjean still to stop, 12 could be feasible.

There you go. RUS up one

GIO got back??
5 s penalty.

Re: British GP - Friday to Sunday
Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 14:26

Albon on a charge! GR will be under pressure soon.

Date: 02 August, 2020 14:31

Finally fighting. Thatís already something! smiling smiley

Date: 02 August, 2020 14:40

Omg!!

Date: 02 August, 2020 14:41

What a bonkers finish!!

Date: 02 August, 2020 14:42

Lewis is so good he only need 3 wheels to win!!!

Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 14:43

Wow - what a finish!!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 14:46

Epic win from Lewis, no points from us but it looks we were in the mix..

Date: 02 August, 2020 14:49

Take away for me is that Lewis will be world champ again unless he gets Covid and Williams whilst vastly improved still doesnít have pace to push on into the top 10. Work to do!

Decent race! Looking forwards to next week.

(Coffee and chocolate were good too! )

Date: 02 August, 2020 14:50

Crazy final to the race. Can't understand why Mercedes didn't stop Lewis after Bottas had a puncture and Max stopped.

Finally a positive Sunday for Williams. Pace was good enough to fight Alfas and Haases (and beat them both! smiling smiley ). Hope for some more attrition (and maybe no penalties on Saturday) for next week!!

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 14:56

It seems that homework that the team did on the race pace worked well. Team expected a dificoult weekend but the car and the drivers had decent pace. Huge step up from last year but work to doo still. Lets hope for more good updates to come soon.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 15:13

What if we could have opted for a.medium compound like what Albon did?

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 15:16

Quote:
Stu69
Lewis is so good he only need 3 wheels to win!!!

Yep like you say Lewis is the best and yes Lewis still wins races even when he only has three wheels.

Lewis Hamilton = Legend

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 15:19

I came away feeling really quite positive about that race. Yes there was some luck involved but lots of other drivers were also lucky. Both Russell and Latifi showed a level of competitiveness that was great to see. So close to some points but despite this I am not disappointed.

And yes we get to do it all again next weekend with different tyres so anything is possible.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 15:59

I feel like Russell could have scored a point today if not for his grid penalty. Not getting stuck behind Alfas could have made a big difference. And a point would mean getting ahead of Haas in WCC.

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 19:10

Pretty encouraging over all. Itís great that weíre actually able to scrap with other cars - the race pace was so much better today than in previous races, and we finished just 10 seconds away from a points finish. And what the hell is going on with Seb at Ferrari? I know the car is seriously down on power, but Charles is still able to get it into the top 5 most weekends.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 20:08

Great job by both drivers.Latifi stayed close to George all race long and we can claim to have the 8th fastest car both in quali and race now.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 22:03

A fun race, especially at the end. Rotten luck for Bottas.

Pace OK for Williams, considering. Let's see if the next race is better. If not, then... well. Business as usual.

Posted by: rpaloschi (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 22:35

Very nice progress from the team once more!
Great job by the boys, I think RUS took a tad bit too long to pass RAI (even LAT did it quicker, altought later).
But, baby steps, always improving, great than I could imagine!

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 23:51

At one point I believe RUS was catching that pack in front which included Renault and Ferrari. This is clear progress. As has been said, without the penalty RUS may have had a chance of points. I'll take that over last year any day. Great job to turn this car around. Good job by LAT as well. Nice to see our cars overtaking others on pure pace.

Gives me hope that with the budget cap we can follow Mclaren up the grid.

Ironic that both RBR and Merc made the wrong choice on strategy right near the end but you can see the logic in both.

Current Page: 5 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net