Current Page: 1 of 6
British GP - Friday to Sunday
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 10:17

Well here we go again.

Re: British GP - Friday to Sunday
Posted by: Nuvolari (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 11:04

Let's see if we can get closer to Alfa Romeo and Haas this weekend.

Date: 31 July, 2020 11:14

"Williams are someway off the pace today after their recent more encouraging exploits, with Russell describing the handling of his car as being "woeful." Work to do for the team at their home race."

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 11:28

Still it looks like we are not the slowest of all...Something that was a dream a couple of months ago is not enough for us now.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 11:38

Quote:
Mehryar
Still it looks like we are not the slowest of all...Something that was a dream a couple of months ago is not enough for us now.

To me our pace is still somewhat artificial. Just imagine if Alfa and Haas had and engine that's not 50 bhp down on Mercedes. We clearly improved over 2019 but our engine advantage is masking still the slowest car in the field.

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 11:51

The Merc engine in the back of the FW43 is the best engine on the grid but even with the super Merc engine Williams are still finding it very hard to steal one single WCC point.

The FW43 chassis must be woeful to have such a super engine but still be last.

Date: 31 July, 2020 12:18

I believe Williams has focused during the winter on solving the fundamental errors of the FW42. What we basically see is a good, functioning FW42 racing as the FW43. As they now know there are no big mistakes in the design, they will keep putting updates on the car. We've already seen more updates in 2020 than the whole 2019 season.

Date: 31 July, 2020 12:37

FP1 was a bit of a hard one to judge but did seem to be a extensive list of issues talked about between Russell and his engineer. Let's see how FP2 fares.

Date: 31 July, 2020 13:03

Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Mehryar

To me our pace is still somewhat artificial. Just imagine if Alfa and Haas had and engine that's not 50 bhp down on Mercedes. We clearly improved over 2019 but our engine advantage is masking still the slowest car in the field.

My comparison is with the pace setters and the Mercedes team using the same PU.It has improved alot.

About the 50 bhp deflect, it's still a rumor by a german source I think.very unreliable, atleast with the size of the deflect.The very same source which claims the gap is 50 now between Mercedes and Ferrari, tells the difference was 70 last season in Quali mode.Whether this 120 bhp difference is way off the truth or 10% of power output doesn't bring much of a difference on track considering the gap Haas shows on track this season.

The PU effect this season is over rated.Performances on 2 power circuit weekends in Austria and a high downforce one in Hungary proves that Mercedes, Williams and Racing point have made good steps on aero side, though combined with abit of engine help, can't deny that.

Date: 31 July, 2020 13:17

Clearly Ferrari got screwed by the FIA by cheating and they lost a lot of power from the engine and so were their customer teams and in the meantime Mercedes has made a great leap with their PU. Even 20 bhp would have been a big margin.
We gained a lot from the hugely upgraded Merc pu this year and in the meantime Ferrari has lost big amounts of power.
I mean You can't really deny that our quali advantage is mostly due to the pu if in the races we are still behind Haas and Alfas. That's how You know the car is still way off.

Date: 31 July, 2020 14:13

We have gained 2-3 tenths in every session compared to a team who's the best at improvement : Mercedes.They are using the same PU so I think this comparison is more reliable than bringing in rumors about numbers of PU outputs.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 14:34

We are dead last nearly 3 seconds off the pace. Vettel is behind us because of a problem

Date: 31 July, 2020 15:04

Please tell me that we're not really 0.6s behind Alfa here.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 31 July, 2020 15:30

Maybe we do have cooling issues

Date: 31 July, 2020 18:36

I know FP2 long runs can give false info sometimes but George's laptimes were quite impressive.

Posted by: monty3 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 05:15

thats we call it powerfull upgrade

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 07:01

Come on guys we knew before this weekend that we would see very little change in our car.

George had already stated it will take time to try and fix the race pace issue.

Surprised Williams calls this a powerful upgrade tho REALLY GEEZ HAHA.

What changes have you guys seen on the car apart from wing mirror aero.

Date: 01 August, 2020 07:46

Not exactly sure what the upgrades involved apart from a new rear mirror support and some changes to the front suspension.

Posted by: Damon96 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 10:30

This could be painful, early days of FP3 but we could even be a fair way down on Haas. Canít get my head round how we are so bad, draggy car impacting us in high speed stuff?

Posted by: Damon96 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 10:32

Ok possibly not as bad as first thought. Hulk has started well.

Current Page: 1 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net