What has happened with Williams selling the team?
Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 09:47

A while ago Williams came out and said they are selling the team but everything has gone quiet with that, so are Williams selling the team or not?

Is there no takers? Are Williams having trouble finding a buyer?

Are people not wanting to buy this team are people not wanting to touch this team with a 50 foot pole?

Why has this selling the team thing gone so damn quiet?

Re: What has happened with Williams selling the team?
Posted by: monty3 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 11:55

ok,tomorrow i will buy this team.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 12:51

I think the confirmation that Latifi will drive in 2021 means that it is likely that Latifi senior will be around, 1+1 ? Who knows?

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 13:07

They explained that the process could take a few months as it may end in the sale of the team but it could also see a new investor without a change of ownership.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 17:41

Whitey, who knows who is going to buy Williams..?

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 18:13

Saw an interview with Claire but she was being very much a yes man saying lots of interested parties and moving in the right direction. I believe they would not say this even if it was going terribly. Still, latifi in the team probably means budget is okay especially as Williams have kept George when a few other teams had been knocking. If things were very desperate there are plenty of pay drivers about

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 05:04

The team is very limited as to what information they can release about possible investors/buyers that may have approached the team. That is not a team decision but a financial regulator one.

I can't imagine that this is an open ended process. There must be a point where an announcement is made one way or the other. As was said before it would seem to make sense that Latifi will be the new owner or increased investor using the same model that Stroll did for his son with Racing Point.

Date: 29 July, 2020 12:50

I just thought it was a bit weird that Williams came out and made it public and said they are selling the team and since then it has been dead silence, why the silence? Are they now not ready to sell the team or they now don't need to sell the team because they are getting Latifi money or is it dead silence on the subject because they can't find anyone who wants to buy the team?

Date: 29 July, 2020 12:58

I am half thinking Williams are now back flipping and may not want to sell the team, because I think when they came out and first said they were selling the team it was a panic sale but now they have relief from Latifi money they are thinking they may not have to sell anymore.

So I think Williams might do a big back flip and not sell the team now.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 29 July, 2020 13:03

It's a publicly listed company, they have to be totally transparent. Things take time and any buyer would have to do due diligence on behalf of their own shareholders.

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 13:42

Claire just said on TV interview the sale would be concluded Sept Oct time this year!!

Date: 01 August, 2020 13:47

Quote:
Stu69
Claire just said on TV interview the sale would be concluded Sept Oct time this year!!

Okay thanks for the update any word on who will buy the team?

Date: 01 August, 2020 13:49

Quote:
Matt Brown
Quote:
Stu69

Okay thanks for the update any word on who will buy the team?

She said they had a good list of high quality investors! So someone but no specifics.

Posted by: Nuvolari (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 14:55

Is it going to be an investor or a complete takeover/complete sale?

Date: 01 August, 2020 15:14

Quote:
Nuvolari
Is it going to be an investor or a complete takeover/complete sale?

She didnít say specifically BUT slightly objected to the interviewer when he said Williams had a For Sale sign up. Makes you think.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 01 August, 2020 16:54

An investor would mean that it is someone wanting bang for their buck. Perhaps not immediately, but one day he wants to cash in on his investment.

A change of ownership would mean someone committing themselves of running an F1 team and knowing there will be many downsides and certainly knowing winning isn't easy.

On the long run, I'd prefer change of ownership.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net