Current Page: 1 of 7
Hungarian GP: Friday - Sunday
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 12:54

And once again we do it all again. Comments from the team seem to put forward the view that this track should see the FW43 perform well. I hope so as both Russell and Latifi better qualify as high as possible. I hope that in the short time available they have been able to start addressing the race pace issue.

Re: Hungarian GP: Friday - Sunday
Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 15:12

I guess we wait to see if Williams have brought any fixes for the 43 and see how it performs on this type of track..

Last race once all the teams had the extra time to hone there packages even further we could see that we was still a quarter to half a second off the back of the pack give or take.

I think the first race of the season flattered us because there was so many safety car periods it kept
closing up the field and made us look better than we were.

Lots to do as always.

Date: 17 July, 2020 09:58

I will say if they have not tried to revise or brought new bits then come Sunday afternoon we will
be disappointed again.

If the car is still very draggy and cannot follow other cars then we cannot expect a good result.

No change No gain.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 10:55

Morning/afternoon. Latifi 2 seconds adrift in 10 but he used red tyre and other teams are using these type of tyres. RP just behind Mercs

Posted by: rpaloschi (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 11:36

Quote:
Gwanni
Morning/afternoon. Latifi 2 seconds adrift in 10 but he used red tyre and other teams are using these type of tyres. RP just behind Mercs

I thought about seeing latifi on yellows and Russel on hards

Date: 17 July, 2020 11:44

Not sure maybe I was wrong

Posted by: monty3 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 11:59

if you too optimistic about williams performance and youre totally wrong,even the car in Q2.

Posted by: Nuvolari (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 12:00

15th and 18th. Not bad I guess. And already a lot faster compared to last years FP1

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 12:08

I'm confused about the tyre they set their personal bests.

Any reliable info? Sites tell both set their best times on Mediums but I think George had softs and then went for Hards when Latifi did soft/med stints.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Date: 17 July, 2020 12:44

I was not looking at the tv all the time but I had the impression latifi was soft tyres

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 13:09

Russell only ran on the soft and the hard. His quickest time was on the soft while for Latifi he used the soft and the medium. Surprisingly he set his quickest time on the medium.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 13:18

Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Russell only ran on the soft and the hard. His quickest time was on the soft while for Latifi he used the soft and the medium. Surprisingly he set his quickest time on the medium.

Yes that sounds like reality as I had disconnection for a few minutes and when back, the gap to the leaders went below 2seconds for Latifi and he was on medium tyres.

Did George experience any problems ?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: cecogor (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 13:44

I'm not quite sure, but I thing that the Latifi's fagtest lap was on the yellow tyres.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/07/2020 13:46 by cecogor.

Date: 17 July, 2020 14:09

Wet Fp2

Date: 17 July, 2020 14:13

What is the prediction? For the rest of the weekend

Date: 17 July, 2020 14:26

Perez really struggling in the wet, it looks undrivable the RP..

Date: 17 July, 2020 15:05

With around 24mins to go, no laps from our boys

Date: 17 July, 2020 15:07

Nothing to be gained by risking car and driver unless they expect a wet race.

Date: 17 July, 2020 16:09

Yeah fair point GPL

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 21:16

One interesting note from this year is, that on practice that Kubica is driving, Alfa is unable to produce two identical cars (like Williams didm't last year). There is no way Kubica is so much slover than the other driver in the same car is there?(Sm163)

Edit: I looked back at live timing, and I think that Russel set his fastest time on hard tire. He used 2 sets of hards for the last two stints, and he did the fastest lap on his last flying lap (lap 9 I think on this set) on the second to last stint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/07/2020 21:24 by tomazy.

Current Page: 1 of 7
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net