ROKiT Williams' Nicholas Latifi set to join online racing
Posted by: Williams F1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 08:26

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/03/2020 08:29 by Andrew Hooper.

Re: ROKiT Williams' Nicholas Latifi set to join online racing
Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 12:08

Don't believe Latifi made it onto the grid, but the race was surprisingly entertaining with Herbert, Lando and the Hulk in some great dices.

[www.formula1.com]

The race was a bit disorganised with Lando unable to make qualifying due to tech glitches and supposedly having his car driven by AI for half of the race for the same reason. But it was great to see some real F1 drivers showing some nice moves on a sim game. Gives me some motivation to get practicing on the F1 game on my Xbox!

It would be good to see a few more F1 drivers from different generations in the next online race for Melbourne.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 16:12

Latifi was in the race, and he was among the fastest F1 drivers. he was 4th after the first couple of corners, and then Vandoorne crashed in to him. He had to pit at the end of lap 1, then he climed throu the order to finish 6th.

Posted by: Damon96 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 18:34

Have to say, after watching some of the GT Sport FIA events, this was pretty poor I thought. Maybe it was the issue with people taking part all over the world and then trying to restream that footage but it didn't seem great quality in terms of footage or smoothness. The start was different, they could do with half the field not getting taken out, although fair play to JH for just straight lining the first corner, probably the best tactic in the end.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 20:10

I've been into sim racing for some years with rfactor 1&2.
There are some very good racers out there who know how to drive a clean race.What you see as a carnage at start or those stupid crashes were made mostly by real life racers infact.They're new to this thing I think.
It will get better with more practice from them as it takes time to get used to the engine of each simulator.

Btw, too bad it's done with F1-2019.Some of the things you see happening is because of the not very realistic sim engine of this platform.Rfactor offers a way more realistic platform and thus less stupid happening on the track.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net