Current Page: 1 of 7
2020 Australian GP
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 03 March, 2020 13:05

Well Pirelli have released the Grand Prix tyre selections and Williams have gone with a bit of a split strategy.

Re: 2020 Australian GP
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 March, 2020 22:06

Just 10 days to go...Could the Melbourne GP be a wet race???

Posted by: monty3 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 06:12

we will get first point there.
no fans fantasy here? somebody can create it...

Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 10:00

Would be nice monty if Williams did get first points in Australia.....Wet race.....Maybe???

Wet race in Melbourne?

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 10:16

Makes me laugh every time someone says maybe we can score points if it is a wet race ,geez what
have you lowered yourselves too.

I know what you are saying but bloody hell keep that@#$%&to yourselves.

We still have only average down force so we would not fair any better anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 10:42 by GPL.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 11:02

Haha talking about points and I'd just like to see a car off the back row on merit. Points would be lovely but i dont think it will happen in Melbourne, and certainly not in the rain

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 11:07

Let's first see if Ferrari and their Italian staff may enter Australia with AT and Alfa Romeo their respective staff as well.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 11:32

Quote:
Mikef1
but i dont think it will happen in Melbourne, and certainly not in the rain
Why not?

Our only point in 2019 was scored in the rain.

The car doesn't even have to be good in the rain, a few guys in the quicker cars crashing out of the race and another few messing up their tyre choices will help us more than any kind of conditionst are going to harm us.

Date: 05 March, 2020 13:34

Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
Mikef1
but i dont think it will happen in Melbourne, and certainly not in the rain
Why not?

Our only point in 2019 was scored in the rain.

The car doesn't even have to be good in the rain, a few guys in the quicker cars crashing out of the race and another few messing up their tyre choices will help us more than any kind of conditionst are going to harm us.

Not on merit. Many fast cars had to crash, and 2 cars to be disqualified. We didn't actually finish the race we lucked in on post race penalties. They arent the kind of races I'd want to bank on

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 14:42

That's the whole point. The chance for a good result for anyone but top guns increases with the chaos a wet race can bring.

I would take a lucky 8th over deserved 17th any day of the week.

Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 15:15

I think you’d take any kind of luck you can at present if you are Williams...it helps morale and is a waypoint on the way to team recovering respectability and competitiveness

Date: 05 March, 2020 15:15

Quote:
Anderis
That's the whole point. The chance for a good result for anyone but top guns increases with the chaos a wet race can bring.
I would take a lucky 8th over deserved 17th any day of the week.

Fair enough. I just want to see a better car as luck rarely plays into the hands of Williams. Just so I can believe that next year will be better

Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 15:16

Coronavirus will disrupt the season and the teams that are less impacted will have an advantage.

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 15:31

Quote:
Stuart L
I think you’d take any kind of luck you can at present if you are Williams...it helps morale and is a waypoint on the way to team recovering respectability and competitiveness

Sorry but still disagree.

I want results on merit to know we are moving forward and then if a bit of luck presents itself then that is a bonus.

Posted by: speed (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 15:35

I think Ferrari are going to be in trouble, not only because they are slightly behind but also Italy now being one of the bigger outbreak areas.

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 15:45

Quote:
Mikef1
Haha talking about points and I'd just like to see a car off the back row on merit. Points would be lovely but i dont think it will happen in Melbourne, and certainly not in the rain
I would be a bit disappointed if this doesn't happen. From what we saw in testing I think Williams can fight Alfa and Haas (the latter being a bit more of an unknown quantity), and I think George has in him the speed to make the difference over at least one between Gio / Mag / Gro and Rai.

Date: 05 March, 2020 16:09

Quote:
Myvatn
Quote:
Mikef1
I would be a bit disappointed if this doesn't happen. From what we saw in testing I think Williams can fight Alfa and Haas (the latter being a bit more of an unknown quantity), and I think George has in him the speed to make the difference over at least one between Gio / Mag / Gro and Rai.

If the car is within a few tenths of those as it did seem to be in testing, and george is the superstar mercedes have him pinned for, then I think he could pick a few of them off as alfa and haas both have bad driver lineups. I just cant wait for the first race so we can really see what everyone can do.

Posted by: speed (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 16:09

Quote:
Myvatn
I think George has in him the speed to make the difference over at least one between Gio / Mag / Gro and Rai.

If George is anywhere close to future WDC material, then he should be the 2-3 tenths up on all of them. Rai is semi-retired & rest aren't setting the world on fire.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 16:18

This track can give some wrong conclusions.

08 and 11...Both years we were looking competitive in Australia but went to next race to face truth.

If we can fight with 18th car in Q and Race, that's a good improvement & the test showed it's quite possible.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 05 March, 2020 18:22

post deleted software error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2020 18:23 by Gunk.

Current Page: 1 of 7
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net