Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 March, 2020 13:10

Just how bad is this Coronavirus anyway like is it really that bad???

I think there are hundreds of people who get it and they only have it for how long 2 or 3 weeks and then they get over it and they don't die.

The media and a lot of people are talking about this Coronavirus like it is a death sentence and I am pretty sure it is NOT!

Is it really any worse than a common cold??? I don't think it is, it is just the media making a big thing of it.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2020 13:12 by Rear Wing 1.

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 11 March, 2020 13:52

Iím pretty sure that this will affect a lot of races this season. There are so many races in Europe this year and the spread is just beginning to increase in the US. There have already been dozens of cancellations/postponements in other series (MotoGP, FE etc.) and I cant see how F1 can afford to treat things any differently. Perhaps F1 2020 is going to be the ĎTV onlyí year!!

@rear wing 1 - it has a higher death rate than regular flu. Itís similar to SARS in that it affect the respiratory system and so the elderly are more at risk, but there have also been cases of younger, seemingly healthy people dying. So there are still a lot of unknowns, and of course there wonít be a vaccination for some time, so people need to be sensible and vigilant. Gathering hundreds and thousands of people from every country into one place for a few dayís (ie a formula one race weekend) and then sending them off around the world would be the perfect way to spread this kind of virus globally, really quickly.

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 04:01

BREAKING NEWS Famous American actor Tom Hanks is in Queensland Australia at the moment and he has tested positive to Coronavirus.

Tom Hanks has Coronavirus....Can you believe that.

(Sm112)(Sm112)(Sm112)

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 08:20

I see a Lewis Hamilton has said itís shocking the Grand Prix is going ahead when much of the world is in lock down and most other similar scale events are postponed.

Asked why itís going ahead ďCash is KingĒ...and then he said isnít it a ďcoincidenceĒ that corona results for the team
Members tested will take 5 days...so they donít arrive till Monday after the race.

Good for Lewis...itís absolutely ridiculous this race is going ahead...and it shows the sport as grubby / greedy with content fir the health of others.

I will watch the race but I think I will have a very uneasy / queasy feeling in doing so.

Bad leadership by F1, they should defer the season / make it a behind closed doors series until at least mid summer, and cut travelling..,have races in Europe to minimise team travel and reduce amount of operating staff at the event to a mimimum.

Shambles!

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 10:35

Quote:
Stuart L
I see a Lewis Hamilton has said itís shocking the Grand Prix is going ahead when much of the world is in lock down and most other similar scale events are postponed.
Asked why itís going ahead ďCash is KingĒ...and then he said isnít it a ďcoincidenceĒ that corona results for the team
Members tested will take 5 days...so they donít arrive till Monday after the race.

Good for Lewis...itís absolutely ridiculous this race is going ahead...and it shows the sport as grubby / greedy with content fir the health of others.

I will watch the race but I think I will have a very uneasy / queasy feeling in doing so.

Bad leadership by F1, they should defer the season / make it a behind closed doors series until at least mid summer, and cut travelling..,have races in Europe to minimise team travel and reduce amount of operating staff at the event to a mimimum.

Shambles!

Its all about money Stuart money does funny things to people...Health and safety comes second to money these days.

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 11:37

McLaren withdraws from the event as one of the tested team members has been found positive.

Canít see how the race can go on.

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 11:41

Quote:
Myvatn
McLaren withdraws from the event as one of the tested team members has been found positive.
Canít see how the race can go on.

WOW massive news....This race weekend is turning out to be a mess!

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 11:44

So many things have only come to a head since the teams arrived. Who knows where it is going to go now.

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 11:46

wow
was it only a matter of time.

Watch this space

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 11:46

First Tom Hanks and now one of the McLaren team members found positive of Coronavirus...Damn!

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 12:08

The sport loses all respect if it goes on with racing business as normal.

This was very foreseeable...I as a layman could see it two weeks ago which is why I started this thread.

If any racing happens it needs to be behind closed doors and minimising international travel. Most other world sports suspended or heading that way, at least to playing without spectators.

Williams have potential to go bust through this unless F1 gives them a bail out. Sponsors will look not to pay / could go bust....insurance may not kick in. Future sponsorship market will be a mess too as firms conserve cash.

Huge likelihood SFW will have to sell big big tranche jr all his shares to a bottom feeding investor for the team to survive.

Expect 2021 reg changed to be deferred / cancelled to save teams money...and expect world recession shock to
Mean all teams support a much lower budget cap than previously mooted.

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 12:34

Quote:
Stuart L
I see a Lewis Hamilton has said itís shocking the Grand Prix is going ahead when much of the world is in lock down and most other similar scale events are postponed.
Asked why itís going ahead ďCash is KingĒ...and then he said isnít it a ďcoincidenceĒ that corona results for the team
Members tested will take 5 days...so they donít arrive till Monday after the race.

Good for Lewis...itís absolutely ridiculous this race is going ahead...and it shows the sport as grubby / greedy with content fir the health of others.

I will watch the race but I think I will have a very uneasy / queasy feeling in doing so.

Bad leadership by F1, they should defer the season / make it a behind closed doors series until at least mid summer, and cut travelling..,have races in Europe to minimise team travel and reduce amount of operating staff at the event to a mimimum.

Shambles!

Just read Claire's last interview.
She talks about how important is safety and health and blah blah blah BUT (which clears whatever she's told before it) she's worried cancelled races mean dropped prize money and Grove can't take it easily.

This is one of many guys who're involved with their fortune in this sport.

I can't see many races accept to let it go on behind closed doors like Bahrain...You need tracks which are backed by the government and that government being filled with oil dollars to let these races happen with no audience and no ticket sell income...Well, There aren't many of them.

So whether we will get a postponed race or cancelled or should hope this virus vanishes quickly to see a proper season happening.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 13:36

Cascading effect will happen because of the COVID 19. I do not recall any of the sort in recent history.

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 13:45

Quote:
Gwanni
Cascading effect will happen because of the COVID 19. I do not recall any of the sort in recent history.

Has anything like this ever happened before in the history of Formula One???

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 19:51

Well that was a shocking outcome.

It was obvious the infection was going start spreading wildly in Australia this week and I expected a spectator ban/closed door race, but I didn't anticipate any of the team members to test positive.

Right decision to pull the race, but still shocking at the last minute.

Can Bahrain survive? I don't think so. I can see the first half of the season being cancelled now until things settle down.



http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 00:31

Well Stuart you were 100% correct starting this thread, a massive dark cloud hangs over the 2020 Formula 1 season all because of Coronavirus.

Unbelievable...It looks like Coronavirus is going to wreck the 2020 Formula 1 season... this sucks (Sm17)

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 08:19

Motorsport.com reports that the season start can be postponed to Jun 7 with Baku being the first race.

It means Bahrain, Vietnam, Holland and Monaco won't take place as expected.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Rear Wing 1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 13:45

Quote:
Mehryar
Motorsport.com reports that the season start can be postponed to Jun 7 with Baku being the first race.
It means Bahrain, Vietnam, Holland and Monaco won't take place as expected.

This sucks (Sm17)

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 19:09

There will be no summer break which is the good news. With some of those races being rescheduled

Re: O/T Coronavirus and F1
Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 19:55

To be fair, the situation is extremely volatile and country politicians are changing their minds every few minutes. Countries are ignoring the EU and fighting their own corner. F1 is a passenger in this climate.

Today has seen a marked icrease in 'drastic' measures, with Ukraine, Malta, Chek and Cyprus all closing borders. Italy is already isolated and Spain likely to follow suit. Well, the circus can't leave town,

I think the first half of the season can be written off.

Current Page: 2 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net