Current Page: 20 of 21
Re: The FW43
Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 17:51

Quote:
GPL
Well with no talk of any real upgrades coming for the 43 i guess they have given up on this one as well and are saving the money for 44
They will not tell us this but 6 months on and it still sucks.

Lets hope someone or someone new in the pipeline for Williams knows what it takes to design a half decent racing car for next year.

FW44?? Donít you mean the DC1?

Posted by: Matt Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 04:09

Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
GPL
Well with no talk of any real upgrades coming for the 43 i guess they have given up on this one as well and are saving the money for 44
They will not tell us this but 6 months on and it still sucks.

Lets hope someone or someone new in the pipeline for Williams knows what it takes to design a half decent racing car for next year.

FW44?? Donít you mean the DC1?

That's interesting Stu....So will the 2021 Williams be called the FW44 or will it be called the DC1?

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 07:26

FW44 as Doritos said the naming of the cars will continue it's heritage.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Date: 24 September, 2020 18:17

Quote:
AlanJones

Now Claire has walked out Doritos might not feel any obligation! She walked out on the heritage so perhaps they might just make a point / fresh start? It could happen!

Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 19:11

Can't see it happening Stu. They are trading on the name and the history when it comes to sell up. Trying to create a new brand, is not what they are all about it seems in this case. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but wouldn't make sense as they are not in this for the long run. Though just how much profit they could make in selling Williams if they make them successful again is debatable.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 20:42

Quote:
Stu69
Quote:
AlanJones

Now Claire has walked out Doritos might not feel any obligation! She walked out on the heritage so perhaps they might just make a point / fresh start? It could happen!

People used to fight over "Lotus" name to bring it back and use its heritage and legacy.
Sometimes the name itself is bigger for anyone who is investing.
I think the only way to see Williams name vanished from the grid is if a new manufacture takes over the team.Otherwise it would remain imo.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 23:07

The Williams name now implies long term failure and decline. I have an idea that this firm will want to asset strip it, sell on the entry to the highest bidder and move on to the next thing. Why would you want to pour money into this pit unless you were 100% confident you could get the right people within a few months and completely turn it around?

I am now, sadly of the opinion that Williams GP was solely a creation of SFW, that Clare never really had a chance, because she was never allowed and that in reality, it's over in all but name.

I think F1 faces a similar existential crisis with combustion engines becoming less relevant by the day.

Date: 25 September, 2020 01:51

LOOK
VVVV

I still can't quite believe that this great legendary Williams team are about to run dead last in the WCC THREE years in a row, think about it...Dead last THREE years in a row...WTF?

Date: 25 September, 2020 01:53

WTF happened to this team....Just WTF (Sm56)

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 12:50

I think we went wrong with the low drag Martini cars TBH. The concept showed pace occasionally but we went too far down that road and it was clear we needed to be more like Merc / RBR. Essentially we gave everyone a head start. Now we are trying to build a more conventional car, we can't get rid of the drag or find the downforce.

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 04:49

Amazes me the prophets of doom that so many people are. I don't think that DC would have gone to all the trouble to buy the company and then just give up on it in quick time. They are not that type of investment company. So many have this unrealistic expectation that the team can go from the disaster of 2019 to fighting in the midfield.

Lack of success creates a whole range of issues from losing sponsors to not been attractive to bring in skilled staff. To turn this around especially in the year of a pandemic is so difficult. But so far despite the lack of success there is still significant steps forward over 2019.

As for the Williams name and car naming it will remain so long as DC wants to keep receiving the historical payments that even under the new agreement are worth receiving. On top of that you never know what is written into the contract relating to the sale where the previous owners have put things in to protect the historical aspects of the team.

So much is going to change in the up coming years what with the budget cap, the new 2022 cars so to simply say its over is been very short sighted.

Posted by: boro1986willliamsf1 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 07:01

I read some time ago that as long as the chaise was called the previous owners title ie fw44 they still hot payment that's what all the fuss over Racing point/Force India because racing point was effectively a new team but liberty and the fia allowed this to happen

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Date: 26 September, 2020 09:44

If I was Mr Doritos I would want to stamp my name on history. So FW44DC1. Sounds less like a Dyson too!
(Iím not a doom and gloom merchant either!!) :-)

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 11:16

I'll bet you all a tenner that the next car will be named the FW44

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Date: 26 September, 2020 11:37

Quote:
AlanJones

FW44 so 44 Lewis Hamilton's race number.

Date: 26 September, 2020 12:59

Quote:
AlanJones

Dont tell anyone but so do I!!

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2020 13:08

It seems like the team is playing a bit with the rake - it reduces on the straights. Mercedes does so much more.

Date: 26 September, 2020 13:30

So next years Williams will be Lewis Hamilton's race number.

Date: 26 September, 2020 14:09

Quote:
Matt Brown
So next years Williams will be Lewis Hamilton's race number.

Come on Matt tell us Lewis will be driving for us next year? Give us a scoop!! All British lineup!! Plus Lewis investing a billion quids into the team!! :-)

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 24 October, 2020 19:54

So on friday there were some testing at Williams. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of good pictures, but Nicolas did test revised bardgeboards and George tested a floor for 2021 regulations.

Current Page: 20 of 21
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net