Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Canada Friday / Sat / P and Q
Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 19:25

8tenths in Montreal...Kubica shows why no one wanted him.
Terrible...

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 19:25

This was supposed to be one of Kubicas stronger tracks, but he is off the pace of Russell who if I am not mistaken is here for the first time.

Posted by: The Terminator (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 19:44

To be fair, Kubica didn't get to drive in FP1, so the gap is not surprising.

Still don't get why certain people get their knickers in a twist about the guy.
I'm still waiting to hear who should replace him to score points for Williams this year.

Date: 08 June, 2019 19:53

FP1 excuse is way off the mark.
George missed alot in Baku and went on to beat Robert easily...It's never been a reason for 8tenths gaps.

"The certain people" you're pointing, I don't know about others, but for me there are 2 clear reasons.First, what else do we have to get excited about our team? Nothing atm, the next car is way ahead so the only competition we have is watching our drivers compete with each other.

Second reason: There was a strong push for not understanding the reality about this driver.Now track after track, it's nice to see if there are people who still want to deny reality or not!

One easy way, change Kubica's name with Stroll and think of what comments we were getting here about him.

Double standard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2019 20:26 by Mehryar.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 20:03

Quote:
Mikef1

Miles away but the car is draggy and the Ferrari engined sauber has the better pu. This was always going to be a bad weekend for William's I think.

Are you sure about the PU, Mike? Ferrari and Alfa made a gigantic leap with the battery boost thingy last year, but the Merc grunt seems ok this year. On this track specifically. Force Stroll going well.

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 20:05

Its time to up the game or leave, for both Williams and Kubica. It is unacceptable to have a bigger gap from 18th than 18th has on the first, and it is unacceptable to be 8 tenths slower than your rookie teammate.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 20:23

Quote:
Gwanni
have i seen russell + 1.2 ad than ended up 2.4 maybe i misread the timing
1.2 was the gap to 15th, I suppose.

Date: 08 June, 2019 20:36

Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
Gwanni

I think 1.9 in Monaco and .88 in Barcelona . . . but no upgrades compared to other teams,

RK slipping back here as Russell gets more acclimatised. These rookies are the hottest ever. What a brilliant Q by Norris.

Date: 08 June, 2019 21:33

Quote:
Mehryar
change Kubica's name with Stroll and think of what comments we were getting here about him.
Double standard.

Sure. But Stroll will still be around next year and I am sure Robert will make a dignified exit. In the meantime, he has contributed 23m to the team and some useful feedback. It's not all bad.

Wurz realised the game was up once he was paired against Nico. But he has kept good relations with the team since and I hope RK can do the same.

Date: 08 June, 2019 22:19

Yes Stroll had another chance because of his daddy's money but there were a few other reasons too.He was very young and a rookie.There's always hope for a young kid to improve as a driver with more experience as it proved to be the case with Massa...That's not true for experienced drivers who have passed their pick like Wurz and Kubica.

Another reason was that atleast there were a few occasions that Stroll could overcome his starting position and finish in front of his experienced team mate...For Robert, no matter where he starts, he keeps finishing behind his rookie teammate.

About money contribution and feedback...Well, Nakajima did the same, mate.It happens when a driver can't do his first role properly : being a good driver.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2019 22:22

Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Mikef1

Miles away but the car is draggy and the Ferrari engined sauber has the better pu. This was always going to be a bad weekend for William's I think.

Are you sure about the PU, Mike? Ferrari and Alfa made a gigantic leap with the battery boost thingy last year, but the Merc grunt seems ok this year. On this track specifically. Force Stroll going well.

It's generally accepted that the Ferrari pu is now ahead. Ferrari on pole says everything after getting destroyed at Spain and Monaco

Date: 09 June, 2019 10:24

Quote:
The Terminator

I'm still waiting to hear who should replace him to score points for Williams this year.

Did you notice that Markelov has resurfaced in F2? One wonders if Markelov senior has resolved his problems with the authorities.

Date: 09 June, 2019 12:17

Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
The Terminator

Did you notice that Markelov has resurfaced in F2? One wonders if Markelov senior has resolved his problems with the authorities.

Money talks and F1 is certainly a money game.

I was listening to commentators yesterday saying that money cap for 2021 has been agreed in principle at 125 million. Small teams not happy and neither are the big two, for opposite reasons. Questions are still there regarding how it can ever be policed.

Date: 09 June, 2019 12:32

Quote:
Mehryar
FP1 excuse is way off the mark.
George missed alot in Baku and went on to beat Robert easily...It's never been a reason for 8tenths gaps.

"The certain people" you're pointing, I don't know about others, but for me there are 2 clear reasons.First, what else do we have to get excited about our team? Nothing atm, the next car is way ahead so the only competition we have is watching our drivers compete with each other.

Second reason: There was a strong push for not understanding the reality about this driver.Now track after track, it's nice to see if there are people who still want to deny reality or not!

One easy way, change Kubica's name with Stroll and think of what comments we were getting here about him.

Double standard.

I remember you getting upset before the start of the season, ranting about the Williams guys back at Grove, now you vent your anger at Kubica, no mention of the core of the problem any more.

We all want to see Williams back at the sharp end, I just don't see the need for the blame game. You let the Kubica supporters wind you up and you take any opportunity to throw it back at them.

For what it's worth, I am sure both Kimi and Carlos didn't enjoy being behind their "rookie" team mates in Qualifying yesterday, but @#$%& happens. And yes, I know it doesn't happen to them on a regular occurrence, but it shows just how good the crop of rookies are this year.

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 12:56

It is not that Kubica is behind Russell, its that he is behind by quite a big margin at almost every qualifying that is conserning. I dont know what is the reason or what is going on, but I see that Williams is trying there Best to find the solution. First it was the floor that was at fault, they gave it to Russell, then the chassis was maybe at fault, they gave it to Russell too. I am looking at a lot of live timing and am focusing on our cars and to my knowlage, Kubica was only faster then Russell for the first stint in Monaco, or when Russell was lurning the circuit he hasnt driven a car before. But even on those circuit, Come quali and race, George was faster.

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 13:24

Quote:
tomazy
It is not that Kubica is behind Russell, its that he is behind by quite a big margin at almost every qualifying that is conserning. I dont know what is the reason or what is going on, but I see that Williams is trying there Best to find the solution. First it was the floor that was at fault, they gave it to Russell, then the chassis was maybe at fault, they gave it to Russell too. I am looking at a lot of live timing and am focusing on our cars and to my knowlage, Kubica was only faster then Russell for the first stint in Monaco, or when Russell was lurning the circuit he hasnt driven a car before. But even on those circuit, Come quali and race, George was faster.

Unfortunately, when both of our drivers are such “unknowns”, and with a car that is so far off the pace, it’s really hard to tell whether it’s GR is doing an amazing job, or RK doing a poor job. It does seem to be the latter at the moment though, to be fair, since the gap in qualifying is probably the biggest of any team mates in other teams. I really want Kubica to show us all that he’s still got it, I’m a big fan of his, but I think we have to start facing the reality based on the facts in front of us.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2019 13:25

Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
Gwanni

yes you are right, and yes the sad reality!

Date: 09 June, 2019 14:31

[quote dot_com][quote tomazy]It is not that Kubica is behind Russell, its that he is behind by quite a big margin at almost every qualifying that is concerning.[/quote]

Yes, it's way too much by F1 standards. Amazing really, the blink of an eye - try it on your camera shutter - but it can be just so many rows back on a grid.

Anyway, was reading an interview with Latifi's Dad. All sounds very nailed on for next year. His junior career is very . . um . . . unspectacular to say the least. However, it won't bother me until we build a proper car.

Date: 09 June, 2019 14:49

Quote:
Terminator
I remember you getting upset before the start of the season, ranting about the Williams guys back at Grove, now you vent your anger at Kubica, no mention of the core of the problem any more.

No you are clearly wrong, ranting about guys back in Grove? Absolutely not.
But why should I be ashamed about a prediction that both FW42 and Kubica are off the pace and not by a small gap? Unfortunately it turned to be spot on and there's no reason to get back off from either of them.

Quote:
Terminator
We all want to see Williams back at the sharp end, I just don't see the need for the blame game. You let the Kubica supporters wind you up and you take any opportunity to throw it back at them.

You see it wrong.I don't have anything to do with Kubica's fans around here.I don't know why we can't talk about this guy and hid poor form like Stroll?! Why? Only cause his father is not that much rich, makes his performance acceptable? Or because of his fanbase, we're not allowed to talk about a Williams driver on a Williams forum?
Atleast Stroll had 2 excuses of being a rookie and his young age.After each session, there were loads of joking about his terrible driving here and all was fine...Now suddenly everything changes because of the name?

I say it again...Double standard.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net