Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Canada next
Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2019 21:04

Quote:
dot_com
I’m actually really interested to see what Latifi can do. I know that FP1 doesn’t really give us a good idea in terms of lap times, but I do wonder if Williams are tentatively evaluating options in case Kubica doesn’t last the year, for whatever reason...?

that's a good point.... is Kubica on a one year deal?

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2019 22:02

If there's a performance clause in his contract, then there's not much time left for him to beat George in a session but I think that was about his possible drive in 2018, not this year.For '19 he's paying a big money with Orlen so...I can't see him not finishing the season even if he gets being beaten by Russell.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: alborak (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2019 22:14

Latifi is most unlikely to be able to get a SuperLicence this year, so little to no chance of replacing RK even if there was will, contractual freedom, and so no.

More interesting will be to see if RK's backers get behind him for another year.

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2019 10:29

Latifi will no doubt get into F1 next season but it might not be with Williams.

A lot will depend on how much progress they make with this years car,and i have serious doubts they can do a lot with such a poor base to work from.

Would you want to spend a small fortune on putting your son in an unproven team
for his debut.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2019 11:46

I don't think so...What are the other options? Rookies are performing well this year and the only guys with possible uncertain future are Kvyat and Kubica...Then you have Ocon being available next season so the worst seat goes to the rookie.That's Williams or nothing.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2019 17:41

Quote:
Mehryar
I don't think so...What are the other options? Rookies are performing well this year and the only guys with possible uncertain future are Kvyat and Kubica...Then you have Ocon being available next season so the worst seat goes to the rookie.That's Williams or nothing.

Kvyat has been kind of OK this season . . . at least scoring points for STR. Monaco saw his highest ever finish for the team. I wonder what happens if Marko does get impatient with Gasly? Kvyat, when promoted, was not far off Ricciardo, which suggests Albon is not slow either. A team swap?

Marko suggested last year that Ocon would be considered if he tore up his Merc contract.

Currently I feel Ocon's best shot is back at Force Stroll, which is increasing its co-operation with Merc.

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2019 19:58

Quote:
dot_com
I’m actually really interested to see what Latifi can do. I know that FP1 doesn’t really give us a good idea in terms of lap times, but I do wonder if Williams are tentatively evaluating options in case Kubica doesn’t last the year, for whatever reason...?

ROFL. Latifi is just another Palmer (or not yet, because he still has to win some series first!). So many years in GP2/F2 and only now he has a chance to do it this year but this year F2 isnt even that competitive. If we really are evaluating Latifi for 2020 then we are simply being stupid.

https://i.imgur.com/WqWfwOh.jpg

Posted by: Francesc (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2019 21:17

Indeed, that guy is a really@#$%&driver.

Posted by: shriekback (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 00:35

Quote:
phatjack
Hope in a teachable moment GR kisses the Wall of Champions. He might understand what it means to almost lose your life on a track.

And why exactly are you rooting for this?

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 07:09

No support for the T wing, or just not installed yet.

[imgr3.auto-motor-und-sport.de]

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 13:24

Updated suspension nthe car according to Kubica worked well for latifi in Spain so running it in canada

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2019 22:46

Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
phatjack
Hope in a teachable moment GR kisses the Wall of Champions. He might understand what it means to almost lose your life on a track.

And why exactly are you rooting for this?

I wasn't rooting for anything just reminding those who weren't around in 2007, Canada can present some challenges.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net