Seriously how good is this guy?
Posted by: Williams-123 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 07:06

Lewis Hamilton

He is closing in on all of Michael Schumacher's records.

Ladies and gentlemen when we look at Lewis Hamilton are we looking at the best ever?

Re: Seriously how good is this guy?
Date: 16 March, 2019 07:24

Hamilton looked killer good in his junior career and he looked killer good in his F1 rookie season against Alonso and now here in 2019 he looks killer good.

Lewis Hamilton = The best Formula 1 driver ever

You just have to clap this guy (Sm152)

Hamilton = Wow eye popping smiley

Posted by: siwy_dymek (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 08:00

Quote:
Williams-123
Hamilton looked killer good in his junior career and he looked killer good in his F1 rookie season against Alonso and now here in 2019 he looks killer good.

you always discuss with yourself and answer your questions yourself? strange ... very strange

Posted by: rpaloschi (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 08:17

Dont feed it... no hope

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 09:24

Love him or hate him he probabaly will end up being he best ever.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 09:42

Definetely one of the best ever but where exactly you should place him among drivers of other eras like Fangio, Schumacher and Senna, is impossible to judge.

I rate him higher than Alonso, though, which is not something obvious to everyone.

Posted by: Niedzwiedz (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 09:57

Alonso is great but similiar to Vettel. He must be undisputed nr 1 in his team. Lewis on the other hand not so much. But is he better than any other great champion ? Hard to tell...different cars, tech, tracks, tires. For me every driver who won the Big Thing is more or less equal. In this sport the quick car was all it was to get you on top line. Talent was to get you on the grid. Combination of both could make you a WDC.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 10:14

On the other hand, I would rate Hamilton the best driver of the era which I have been following (from 2007 onwards) and since I think the level of drivers has been steadily increasing in the last 30 or so years, due to things like more focus on overall fitness (better training regimes, nutrition etc.), better simulators and more competitive feeder-series, there is some logic to saying that Hamilton is the best F1 driver ever.

I see potential in Verstappen to be even better but we need to wait another decade or so.

Date: 16 March, 2019 10:47

What I find amazing is I remember hearing Alan Jones saying he does not think anyone will break Michael Schumacher's records ever and Lewis Hamilton is closing in on them...Amazing.

Date: 16 March, 2019 10:58

Quote:
siwy_dymek
Quote:
Williams-123

you always discuss with yourself and answer your questions yourself? strange ... very strange

Mate in my life I have had to cut two of my family members and two of my close friends down from the ceiling, I found them hanged, they were dead their tongues were so blue I actually thought they had something in their mouth but it was just because their tongues were so blue, I will never forget this and it happened 4 times to me....So be careful what you post and don't F#%@ing judge me, you know nothing about my life.

Date: 16 March, 2019 11:09

siwy_dymek I don't want you feeling sorry for me because my life has been bad but just watch how you speak to me, because my life is like this "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today"

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 11:18

Records are meant to be broken. No one owns them forever. There will be the next superstar in F1. Just look across to other sports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/03/2019 11:19 by phatjack.

Date: 16 March, 2019 11:22

Sometimes posters say some hurting nasty stuff to other posters on the internet and they don't even know what the other poster might have been through in their life.

Anyway back to Lewis Hamilton.

Date: 16 March, 2019 11:24

Quote:
phatjack
Records are meant to be broken. No one owns them forever. There will be the next superstar in F1. Just look across to other sports.

True phat...But some records just seem out of reach sometimes.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 13:08

I guess in theory he could get to 94 wins this year! If the Ferrari is really half a second off and say he wins 3 races to 1 for Bottas then he will be mighty close. I reckon he wants to get over 100 poles and 100 wins, plus 8 titles. He is young enough to do all of that and more.

We should not forget that there were less races per year in Shumacher's dominant days and even less in Senna's.

Date: 16 March, 2019 13:12

Ozzy I really think when Hamilton retires he will actually be the greatest ever....Amazing.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 13:47

He will likely have most of the records for most this and that. Already got it for poles and that's on a similar ratio to Senna and Clark. People will say he has the best car but all the greats do. Look at Schumy. He was usually in a top car and got 68 poles from 308 entries. HAM is on 84 out of 230.

I think he is top 2 in my time watching F1. I would put him with Senna as the most out and out talented drivers. Prost was very good because there was so much less data in those days and he was very clever. But I don't think he would challenge Hamilton if he were in the same era. Schumy? Obviously a very quick and clever driver with a great strategy team around him. I was never a fan of his and it was frustrating just how smart he and his team were at just winning races. Again, I think he would struggle to match HAM in the same car.

At the end of the day, we'll never know.

Posted by: rpralon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 16:11

I believe, even if he's not the best, he'll be the best as he gets better every year.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2019 09:41

Hamilton was a weak driver. If his dog had the runs, he would have an awful weekend. But his consistency has grown. His focus has become unparalleled, albeit at times he still shows his insecurity if things doesnt go the way he wants it to go. His raw speed is amazing. Havent seen that since Raikkonen during his prime at Woking. He simply is the most complete and the fastest driver on the grid.
That being said, I do dislike the guy. I dislike his forced and acted attitude/personality. I dislike his "wannabe gangster" way of life. But that is just my opinion. It appears that he needs all of that to be on top of the world and as long as this way of life works for him, its all okay. I cant see him declining any time soon. And for me, he is the no.1 title favourite already after just 1 race.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2019 10:03

I hop[e that Hamilton never replaces Schumacher as the all time record holder. I would simply hate to see Schumacher have his place in F1 history diminished..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net