Current Page: 50 of 51
Re: The all New FW42
Posted by: # 33 Max Crashstappen (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2019 02:59

Hey guys do you like my new signature ???

---------------------------------------
Max Verstappen and his meddling father.

Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2019 13:10

Andrew, what's up with you.? Have you deleted the posts after yours? This is your forum, we all know that, but was just having a discussion with you and if you feel the need to delete stuff, than you are effectively policing this forum and free speech when someone disagrees with you, but are happy for more insane stuff to carry on. God why did I even bother trying to point out looking at the bigger picture

If you haven't removed the posts then I apologise, but it does have me scratching my head that double standards are in place and my original theory of maybe over reacting were correct in the first place. Sadly my comment of over reacting seems to have been taken very personally maybe. Who knows.

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 03:22

I just removed them simply because on reflection my original comment was maybe a bit out of place. So I just wanted to remove it and any of the comments that came as a result of it.

Nothing sinister at all. I am normally quite ok with what people have to say.

Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2019 09:08

No worries Andrew. Just as long as you know I wasn't trying to have a go or a dig at all.
☺️

Date: 07 October, 2019 09:16

Yes no problem. Let's all just look forward to Japan and what the new updates to the FW42 involve.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 07:28

Not seen any photos yet but I understand William's have a Toro rosso/mclaren style front wing this weekend. I guess that is what we were all expecting because they wanted to try a different concept and the teams have been gravitating towards using the area in front of the tyres to generate outwash. Anyway. Apparently it's there but auto motor und sport have no photos

Date: 10 October, 2019 07:55

Yes have been looking but nothing so far. From the photos so far it looks like Williams are keeping it very much under wraps as outside the garage is the bodywork but not the usual front wing.

Comments from Russell when asked about the FW42: "Itís definitely improved a lot, just in the driveability side of things. So, from within, itís definitely a nicer car to drive. It is obviously, always difficult to make huge leaps forward for any team but I think the foundations we have in place now are really positive going into next year. Weíre trialling a new front wing this weekend, which shouldnít necessarily bring much performance to this yearís car but should hopefully unlock quite a lot for us moving into 2020, so Iíve got faith we should be fighting. "

Date: 10 October, 2019 08:04

@AlbertFabrega on twitter has some. The top two elements have a section that is closer to the end plate that is markedly lower than near the middle. Looks like outwash is something that is trying to be achieved.

Posted by: Affinity (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 09:40

Via AMUS / Deepl translation:
The new front wing arrived in Japan at the last minute. It will be tested on both cars on Friday, but probably not used in the race. There is an acute shortage of parts. The material cover is extremely thin. Therefore Robert Kubica was taken out of the race in Sochi as a precaution after the accident of his team mate George Russell at the GP Russia. Kubica reveals: "The front wing, which I'm supposed to drive here in the race, was already used during the winter test drives in Barcelona."

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 10:14

There is a picture of the new wing on the FW42 Technical

site[www.f1technical.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 10:16 by GPL.

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 13:33

Quote:
Affinity
Kubica reveals: "The front wing, which I'm supposed to drive here in the race, was already used during the winter test drives in Barcelona."

So we need parts from the pre-season now? Then I'm guessing it will fail on some kerb. The question is how quickly.

Posted by: Filip (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 13:34

Quote:
Affinity
The new front wing arrived in Japan at the last minute. It will be tested on both cars on Friday, but probably not used in the race. There is an acute shortage of parts. The material cover is extremely thin. Therefore Robert Kubica was taken out of the race in Sochi as a precaution after the accident of his team mate George Russell at the GP Russia. Kubica reveals: "The front wing, which I'm supposed to drive here in the race, was already used during the winter test drives in Barcelona."

embarrassing to cover this up. Front wings are only a tip of an iceberg regarding how the parts looked during the season. Kubica claims that the car changes behavious from session to session make suddenly a lot of sense. But sure some folks here like to live in a bubble and everything said against Williams is considered a conspiracy theory

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 20:32

Quote:
Filip
Quote:
Affinity

embarrassing to cover this up. Front wings are only a tip of an iceberg regarding how the parts looked during the season. Kubica claims that the car changes behavious from session to session make suddenly a lot of sense. But sure some folks here like to live in a bubble and everything said against Williams is considered a conspiracy theory

Hardly a cover up if it's in mainstream media. By pretending it is, you generate conspiracy.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 20:36

Quote:
Filip
But sure some folks here like to live in a bubble and everything said against Williams is considered a conspiracy theory

But there are no conspiracies. What we learn is that money is much tighter than even we imagined.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 20:45 by Gunk.

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 20:46

Still the team manufactures and brings to track an experimental wing. I donít know, of course money is tight, but since the 42 is a total loss it can also be that the team just wants to save every single penny. Also Haas is reportedly very short on parts, likely for the same reason.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2019 20:53

Quote:
Myvatn
Also Haas is reportedly very short on parts, likely for the same reason.

Well, Haas discovered their title sponsor was a total fraud after a couple of races . . . at least we were spared that.

Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 15:54

I'm looking forward to seeing this thread fade down the order and eventually be relegated to the second page, into obscurity and irrelevance, never to be seen or read or replied to again.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2019 18:49

I'll bump this thread for you in the future. smiling smiley

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 15:11

Quote:
Anderis
I'll bump this thread for you in the future. smiling smiley

You should.. make an calendar item three years in the future from now to remind you ;-)

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 15:12 by AlanJones.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 15:12

Oh.. and post #1000 on this thread here..
Never expected this heap of junk to survive it 1000 posts.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Current Page: 50 of 51
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net