Current Page: 40 of 55
Re: Kubica in Williams?
Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2017 21:34

Quote:
Marco
It is worth adding that from next season, Williams' budget may be reduced by as much as 30 million euros.

Why?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2017 22:02

Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
Marco
It is worth adding that from next season, Williams' budget may be reduced by as much as 30 million euros.

Why?

I just translated the article Mehryar but I guess they are adding the Avanade, Randstad and the possibility of Martini leaving in the end of 2018, but I think Martinis contract with Williams is until the end of 2019 if i'm not mistaken it was a 5 year deal 2014 - 2019.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

Date: 16 November, 2017 07:56

If it's a 5 yrs contract, starting in 2014, means it finishes at the end of 2018.
Anyway why should we be that much sure the contracts with sponsers won't be renewed? I hope we won't be in a state like Maldonado's time when our sponsership money was depended on a shitty driver in our car!

Posted by: Carbon XXX (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2017 09:23

Quote:
Mehryar
If it's a 5 yrs contract, starting in 2014, means it finishes at the end of 2018.
Anyway why should we be that much sure the contracts with sponsers won't be renewed? I hope we won't be in a state like Maldonado's time when our sponsership money was depended on a shitty driver in our car!

Is Stroll money and Lance any better than the whole Maldonado deal or is it the same situation with Lance as a driver?

Date: 16 November, 2017 09:58

Quote:
Mehryar

I don't know Mehryar like I said i'm just the messenger I didn't write the article.
Martini should be happy with us I guess at least the first 2 seasons they got a lot of exposure and I'm not seing any team better they can sponsor in F1 at the moment Ferrari, Redbull and Merc have they're own identities and they don't mix very well with Martini, FI could be an option but does that give them more exposure??? I don't know.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2017 10:19

Quote:
Marco Cardoso
I think Martinis contract with Williams is until the end of 2019 if i'm not mistaken it was a 5 year deal 2014 - 2019.
5 years deal would end in 2018:
1st year: 2014
2nd: 2015
3rd: 2016
4th: 2017
5th: 2018

Quote:
Mehryar
Anyway why should we be that much sure the contracts with sponsers won't be renewed?
Maybe not, but planning budget on assumption that they WILL renew might be a bit risky.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/11/2017 10:22 by Anderis.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2017 11:27

My thoughts as well blue boy. I can't see Martini extending if we do not improve. It's a brand that was set. A jetset brand with Martini in the fast lane of formula one. We got an improvement on payments due to our first two years being a success, but it didn't extend. The 5 years are up at the end of 2018 and if we perform as badly as we have done the past two seasons, then it would save Martini a lot of trouble by just not extending.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Date: 16 November, 2017 12:14

On the other hand you could say none of top7 teams sell their space cheaper than us except the force india and they have Sahara az their title sponser...so, you could argue where they want to finish ? Also is there any alcoholic drink brand in FE? Maybe a switch to that serie like some other sponsers be off the cards too.
So I think it's whether they want to finish F1 presense or will renew.
Not to forget they joined us in a time we were a backmarker so I can't see what they expect of Williams for the state we were in time of sealing the contract!

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2017 12:59

Quote:
Mehryar
On the other hand you could say none of top teams sell their space cheaper than us . . . . Not to forget they joined us in a time we were a backmarker

Can't argue with the logic there. Ron told them to go away.

About renewing . . . it's about the package. Kubica's 'comeback kid' story is a hugely marketable property. One can see the interest in signing him if at all possible. We don't have a very charismatic line-up. A funny race comment I saw on another forum: 'Stroll was even embarrassing to the 3 Canadians who actually follow F1'.

I still wonder if there might be some kind of driver sharing. Without getting into the one-handed story, Robert isn't a known quantity. Stroll is erratic and as yet incapable of a Q lap. How will Paddy know whether his new car is fast or not, or it's true potential?

Date: 16 November, 2017 19:35

Quote:
Montoya: 'Kubica at Williams is a joke!'

Date: 16 November, 2017 19:37

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 11:20

Quote:
Carbon Industries
Montoya_Kubica_at_Williams_is_a_joke[/url]/]Montoya: 'Kubica at Williams is a joke!'[/url]

Joe Saward, whose speculation is rarely idle, writes the following:

In the paddock in Brazil, the word was that Williams is going to go for Robert Kubica next year, as team-mate to Lance Stroll. We will have to see if that is true, but the one thing we know is that Robert has the passion to do it. This means that Pascal Wehrlein and Daniil Kvyat are going to be out of F1 because it looks like Sauber will announce Marcus Ericsson and Charles Leclerc as its drivers for 2018, laving Ferrari protégé Antonio Giovinazzi out of a job. Sweden will once again beat Italy . . .

Date: 17 November, 2017 12:02

The link breaks down for me when I try to read the Montoya 'Kubica at Williams is a joke!'story? So what is Montoya saying in the story? Anyone here who can read the link what is Montoya saying?

Posted by: silny (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 12:56

Quote:
Carbon Industries
The link breaks down for me when I try to read the Montoya 'Kubica at Williams is a joke!'story? So what is Montoya saying in the story? Anyone here who can read the link what is Montoya saying?

Honestly, it's a joke," said the seven-time Grand Prix winner who raced for Williams between 2001 and 2004.

"I'm sure Robert is no longer 100 per cent capable of pushing a Formula 1 car to the limit."

Villeneuve added also that Kubica would have to perform kind of slalom in the car to prove he can turn the wheel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/11/2017 13:01 by silny.

Date: 17 November, 2017 13:03

Thanks silny.

Posted by: Carinni (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 15:37

Doctor said he can, but Renault chose Sainz instead. So at least Renault thinks Sainz can do a better job. Now Williams still needs a further test. But not on the most demand track like Silverstone, so still not 100% sure even he passed the Abu Dhabi test. Then y take this gamble? Maybe they think there is only one uk gp, so not a big loss, still worth it if kubica can do a good job at Abu Dhabi. Can be that good? I think he has to show that he is at least 1.3s faster than stroll to justify this seat.

Posted by: silny (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 17:01

I don't think Kubica will show his full potential in Abu Dhabi yet. He needs to get familiar with the new spec car first.

Date: 17 November, 2017 17:06

Quote:
Carinni
Doctor said he can, but Renault chose Sainz instead. So at least Renault thinks Sainz can do a better job. Now Williams still needs a further test. But not on the most demand track like Silverstone, so still not 100% sure even he passed the Abu Dhabi test. Then y take this gamble? Maybe they think there is only one uk gp, so not a big loss, still worth it if kubica can do a good job at Abu Dhabi. Can be that good? I think he has to show that he is at least 1.3s faster than stroll to justify this seat.

why would you say Silverstone is thougher then Abu Dhabi? you are wrong mate.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 17:30

Sainz is the future. Kubica could be seen as a passed station.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Carinni (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2017 00:04

Quote:
Marco Cardoso
Quote:
Carinni

why would you say Silverstone is thougher then Abu Dhabi? you are wrong mate.

That’s from Felipe Massa

Current Page: 40 of 55
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net