WHAT'S NEW IN
- Just three colours at each race in 2019, with five different compounds
available: C1 is the hardest, C5 is the softest.
(1) Each driver must save one set of the softest of the three nominated
compounds for Q3. This set will then be returned for those who qualify in
the top 10, but the remaining drivers will keep it for the race.
(2) Each driver must have both race sets available for the grand prix.
(3) Teams are free to choose the remaining 10 sets, making 13 sets in total
for the weekend.
(4) Selections for long-haul events have to be made 14 weeks in advance; for
European races the deadline is 8 weeks in advance.