Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: MONACO Race
Posted by: shriekback
Date: 29/05/2019 00:30
I too just watched the race on delay (we get together with friends and make dinner and cocktails that derive from the culture where the race is hosted) and I too think that it was a step forward for the team, the first real one of the year. It may be heavily track dependent, but Williams not only competed with, but straight-up beat, Alfa Romeo. That is the first time this year they have bested an opponent by anything other than superior reliability.

Ok, by ideal standards, that isn’t much, but it’s progress from where they were. Steps in the right direction, even if small, are what I am looking for. I think we saw them this past weekend.

On the other theme of this thread, what is up with the Kubicka supporters here? I think they need to accept that the odds of him being able to recover fully his incredible speed of old, especially right away, are even longer than they were of him returning to F1 in the first place. If he is able to show his former ability again—and everyone here, I am sure, is hoping he can—it may just take a while. Let’s try to be patient with him. George was driving full-time and all-out last year (in F2), whereas Robert was not. I think it makes perfect sense that the former would be in better form to start the season, regardless of their respective talent. I think Robert may yet prove to be still world-class. Engaging in silly conspiracy theories because that has not yet happened just makes his fans look like they’ve given me up on him and are merely trying to save face. I think they should cut it out.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net