Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: 2021 Engines
Posted by: Kenji
Date: 04/11/2017 12:42
@ Mehryar, thanks for the response and your comments. Basically what i was saying was 'why didn't Brawn simply say that they have increased the RPM limit from 15000 to 18000? To obfuscate by saying an additional 3000RPM engine speed seems to be a rather clunky statement from such an F1 luminary. As for all the other changes posited i am wary as to the ability of Liberty to really take on the Manu's and deliver. The MGU-H is a perfect case in point. That little gem is fundamental to Mercedes staggering performance advantage, or so i'm led to believe. One noted journal said that Mercedes had been requested to agree with making it an ECU like 'standard' item and Mercedes would be required to supply it equally to all teams. Naturally they declined. Liberty then deleted it as a part of the new engine specs. I am not so enthusiastic as some as i believe that the final product will change dramatically from what we've just seen.The manufacturers wield massive strength and Liberty will be fully aware that once the current Concorde expires they will have to face the possibility of a diminished business if the manufacturers play hardball.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net