Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: 2021 Engines
Posted by: Mkardozo
Date: 01/11/2017 21:11
Quote:
Mehryar
Though this is discussed on other thread, I thought maybe it deserves a new one.
So what we've learnt about the new concept is :

-Revs. limit would be increased 3000rpm to create a louder engine.
-MGUH-H will be removed.
-MGU-K will get stronger.
-There would be a bigger storage for hybrid power, drivers can keep the energy for a number of laps to use it at once on a desired occasion.
-Turbo with dimensional constraints and weight limits.
-Mercedes looks to be against it.
_Renault is not impressed either.

-------------------------------------------

To me, the changes are good ones.Specially the one about usage of MGU-K power which will give possibility of removing DRS for overtaking.
Both Toto and Abiteboul comments (not only their concepts are against each other), sound lame.Abiteboul says removing revs. limit completely and fuel qty too.Toto says keeping current form cause higher revs. means more fuel and more weight on already heavy cars.though he does not mention removing MGU-H motor will save some weight and also there are pointing at weight limits on some parts.
All in all, to me, though I would like to see engines without a revs. limit back, the new form looks quite exciting and between Toto/Abiteboul vs. Brawn, I will always take Ross' opinion on racing rules.

In the paper it looks good Mehryar DRS removal is still not on the proposal, it does make races a bit more artificial and requires less effort from the drivers to overtake.

Louder engines it's essential to F1.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net