Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: We dodged the Rich Energy Bullet
Posted by: shriekback (IP Logged)
Date: 18 July, 2019 22:23

Quote:
IanSmithISA
So I agree that the RokIT only deal is probably a better one than a Rich Energy only one, but without knowing how much it is worth it is hard to be sure.
A Rich Energy/RokIT deal may have been better.

I think your larger point is right; without further details, the two sponsorship arrangements--the one missed with Rich Energy and the one ultimately realized with ROKiT--are hard to compare.

I think that is only the case if one restricts their worth to just numbers (and if you are right to suppose that actual money may well have come from RE), however. In terms of publicity, distractions, etc., I don't think there is any comparison and I remain very grateful to Haas for their having poached RE from Williams.

By the way, even prior to the ROKiT deal, I never bore any really ill feelings toward the Haas team for having done so. Though I still think Gene Haas has dubious principles and has years of prison to show for it, F1 is ruthlessly competitive and anything done within the rules to get the better of another team, even stealing each other's possible sponsors, is fair. My point, rather, was that Haas should have suspected that a company that would be duplicitous with and then disdainful of Williams may well prove to be a less than reliable partner to them in the longer run as well. It reminds me of when friends in college would think they had really scored when they hooked up with another guy's girlfriend (thinking that only testified to their own extreme desirability) to then later find that those young women were less than ideally loyal to them as well. If they'll cheat or turn on the other guy (or team), they'll likely turn on you eventually as well.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net