Austria - Friday.
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2019 09:16

Well here we go. Another Friday practice with Williams. Can we see anything promising, maybe a turn of speed from Robert.

But its still going to be another difficult weekend.

Re: Austria - Friday.
Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2019 13:05

The Williams relatively closer here . . . well, Russell's Williams anyway. It's a short circuit but still, the closest to P15 since Barcelona with no upgrades whatsoever.

I thought Saward's latest piece was quite interesting; both Force Stroll and Mclaren are building new tunnels . . . even the Toyota facility is becoming outmoded. And Williams is still looking for tunnel technicians. Is this still a fundamental issue that is inhibiting development? I remember reading that they were unable to solve the stall on the De Beer car because they couldn't reproduce it in the tunnel.

Re: Austria - Friday.
Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2019 16:11

Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Another Friday practice with Williams. Can we see anything promising, maybe a turn of speed from Robert.

The short answer to that is no. But one has to wonder to what extent either driver is really pushing. There are no prizes for finishing 18th.

I read in Pitpass that today's damage has cost RBR 250,000 in front wings . . . Renault surely more in bits and pieces. Both Renault drivers backpedalled somewhat in Q2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net