Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: MONACO Race
Posted by: siwy_dymek (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 16:54

George said in the interview that he had a great pace and there was even a moment where he saw that there is a chance for points.

hahahaha WTF! LOL he made my day!

Let someone tell me why during a safety car team is changing tires in GR car, not in RK car?

The team promotes GR in the impertinent way at the expense of RK... AGAIN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/05/2019 16:57 by siwy_dymek.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 17:03

LOL!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 17:06

Polish fan boy.

George was last when he pitted. He had a free stop, might as well put to go to the end of the race.

Robert was 15th at the time with 4 running cars behind him. Had he pitted he’d have lost three places. You dont give track position away easily. Look how Ricardo’srace was ruined by pitting during the safety car.

Williams made the right calls today. Your interpretation is wrong!

Robert and george both drive well today!

Posted by: Wawel (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 18:13

Today the whole world saw how Williams turns off the race of faster one in a higher position. Now I am completly calm about Robert's form and his future in F1. Russell, however, should realize that in this way will not build his brand.

Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 19:08

Quote:
Wawel
Today the whole world saw how Williams turns off the race of faster one in a higher position. Now I am completly calm about Robert's form and his future in F1. Russell, however, should realize that in this way will not build his brand.

What are you on? I’m not saying anything negative against either driver. Both drive well.
Mreslity is George has a v bright future ahead of him. Robert is at or towards the end of his F1 career. We can support both drivers, not stories are compelling.

What gets my back up is when polish fans suggest differences in machinery or slag George off. Get behind the team!

If team and drivers work together they will get out of the hole they are in!

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 22:13

Team Notes

Dave Robson, Senior Race Engineer: We had a busy race today, but it made for some enjoyable racing as we were able to compete genuinely with both Alfa Romeo and Racing Point. It was a rare Monaco Grand Prix with little incident or retirement and we were unable to score any points. However, both drivers were very good and produced measured and controlled races to make the one-stop strategy work. The tyres were a challenge, especially as the light rain fell, but Robert and George were able to keep the tyres in a sensible window. Once again, the team in Monaco and Grove worked well together and delivered two strong strategies in difficult circumstances. It was a shame that Robert's race was spoilt by the contact with Giovinazzi but unfortunately that is the nature of racing on the streets of Monte Carlo.

George Russell: It was a really enjoyable race and I pushed myself to the limit. Our pace was very strong, I got into the rhythm and my engineer came on the radio and said you are lapping the same pace as the leaders. We put in some good laps at the end and I was pleased with my performance.

Robert Kubica: It was quite a long Grand Prix to manage the tyres and it was an unlucky race for me, but that's just Monaco. The race started pretty well for us, when the Safety Car was deployed I thought that I was coming in, but that was not the case. Giovinazzi hit me at Rascasse so I lost a lot of time there, but that's just how it is.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 01:12

Quote:
Wawel

Track position was more important kubica was on a durable tyre and at the time rain was anticipated. George was last so they had nothing to lose. They did right by kubica by leaving him out it's not Williams' fault it didn't rain

Posted by: Wawel (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 02:16

yeah sure...They were not hunting for a strategy related to rain, because weather radars are already efficient enough to be able to predict with 90% probability the weather that will be happen for 10-20 minutes. RWR knew that rain will be weak and condition of intermediate tires of Russel - there was a lot of graining. The decision to go pit during the SC was made shortly after Robert crossed the entrance to the pit.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 11:12

I got the impression it was a split strategy, as with most teams. Read the notes.

Mag totally ruined his weekend pitting early. Grosjean made up five places by staying out the longest. You never know.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 11:20

Quote:
Wawel
yeah sure...They were not hunting for a strategy related to rain, because weather radars are already efficient enough to be able to predict with 90% probability the weather that will be happen for 10-20 minutes. RWR knew that rain will be weak and condition of intermediate tires of Russel - there was a lot of graining. The decision to go pit during the SC was made shortly after Robert crossed the entrance to the pit.

He had track position or are you going to tell me Mercedes favoured bottas too? Stop being such a fan boy everyone was chasing the weather at that stage of the race. About 6 other cars also chose to stay out on softs as long as possible to try and luck in to a 1 stop with track position. It was a good tactic at that time of the race, because they had nothing to lose but did stand to gain a point or 2 on Kubicas car if things had gone his way. He was still in a good position to beat George anyway, or are you going to tell me William's asked Kimi to crash into Kubica too?

In all honesty you know your argument is bullshit because if the rain had come and Kubica had scored points youd be on here spouting about how hes Jesus come again and not giving any recognition to the team.

Posted by: The Terminator (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 11:33

Quote:
Wawel

I like Kubica, I respect what he has done in the past and how well he has done to come back from his terrible injuries. However, it seems the Polish fans on here are determined to blame the team for the fact that Russell is always ahead of Kubica at the end of each race.

As much as I would like to think that there is a bright future ahead for both drivers, the reality is, only Russell will end up in a silver arrow with the chance to become World champion.

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 16:50

Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Wawel

He had track position or are you going to tell me Mercedes favoured bottas too? Stop being such a fan boy everyone was chasing the weather at that stage of the race. About 6 other cars also chose to stay out on softs as long as possible to try and luck in to a 1 stop with track position. It was a good tactic at that time of the race, because they had nothing to lose but did stand to gain a point or 2 on Kubicas car if things had gone his way. He was still in a good position to beat George anyway, or are you going to tell me William's asked Kimi to crash into Kubica too?

In all honesty you know your argument is bullshit because if the rain had come and Kubica had scored points youd be on here spouting about how hes Jesus come again and not giving any recognition to the team.
That's it. Many Kubica fans have a really toxic attitude - everything positive is down just to Kubica, everything negative is someone else's fault (the team, mostly).

Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 16:57

Agree totally with the latest posts. I too like kubica but honestly his fans who come on here complaining about the team are doing yourselves no favours with your negative attitudes. In fact what you do is actually turn and put people off kubica. If your going to support kubica, support the team please and maybe if things get better we enjoy it together. You forget very easily without Williams Kubica would not even be in the Grand prixs. No one else offered him a race seat.

Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 21:22

Kubica fans are welcome to post whatever they like. They have a biased and self-interested point of view. So do us Williams fans.

As a fan of Williams, I'll celebrate a driver only as far as he gets good results and proves to be a valuable asset to the team. Conversely, driver fans will celebrate a team only when it provides them a decent platform to be successful and show their merit.

Sadly, with Kubica and Williams I fear neither party is getting anything out of it. One is utterly useless to the other and vice versa. Worst team with under-performing driver, or worse driver with under-performing team; both statements are true.

In such scenario I guess we'll be bickering about it for the coming months. I'm fine with that, by the way. Nothing like a sense of injustice and blame to fuel the message boards.

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 21:31

As others have already mentioned, Kubica had track position over Giovinazzi and so they kept him out at the safety car. It just makes sense. Russel was plumb last and so they had nothing to lose by bringing him in. I wouldn’t be surprised if they even gave Kubica the option to pit, but he just didn’t want to lose track position and thought he could maybe make up another place at the restart. Classic split strategy - no bias at all. Why on earth anybody would think that a team in Williams position would deliberately sabotage one of their own drivers races when there was a possibility of a point or two is beyond me.

Date: 27 May, 2019 21:46

well put dot.com

@j-s.. yes the Kubica fans are allowed to post what they like but because Kubica is not blowing George away.... we get this sour grapes scenario which is just getting a bit tiring as that seems to be the only time they seem to make an effort to contribute to this board. Not all but most.

Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2019 23:34

Indeed clover.

I say let's relish the confrontation. It keeps this board fun. At least when the arguments are semi legit. The oftentimes are not, but that's part of the deal I guess.

My point of view is that kubica is ubderperforming. Russell seems talented, but I wonder how much is pure pace and how much is having kubica as a teammate.

For the record, I am a big big kubica fan. I wish him the very best. Russell I don't care much about. Not yet. Not in this car. He's too bubbly out of the car too. That kind of annoys me.

He's good though. How good I don't know, but good enough.

Date: 28 May, 2019 01:13

Did anybody pick up on the sky commentary , what I thought was a very good idea about tyres.

There was a suggestion because Monaco is a very unique track with its layout and lack of passing chances , the teams should be forced into 2 pitstops and forced to run all 3 compounds since Pirelli bring 3 choices to the track. Thought it was worthy of a mention to discuss..

Posted by: Greg_OR (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 10:02

Quote:
dot_com
I wouldn’t be surprised if they even gave Kubica the option to pit, but he just didn’t want to lose track position and thought he could maybe make up another place at the restart. Classic split strategy - no bias at all. Why on earth anybody would think that a team in Williams position would deliberately sabotage one of their own drivers races when there was a possibility of a point or two is beyond me.
I'm biased but will not criticize the team - Kubica clearly stated he was sure he will pit under SC (his team radio after race, and interviews).
You are right and wrong same time dot_com - nobody thinks Williams would sabotage points, but when there are no chances for points (and this is current situation) team can do whatever they want and for me it is no surprise that British team with Merc engines, owing them some real money will prefer to favor a young British talent who is Merc driver as well.
I'm glad George is not a Palmer-like case winking smiley His quali run was brave - he once more proved he's above average talent and I wish they both would have a chance to fight for points this season somehow (miracles happens).
And of course I will disagree with those who state that Kubica is underperforming, Monaco was another milestone in his return, and I'm happy as he is with his performance.

Posted by: rpaloschi (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 12:16

What a load of crap... all whishful thinking to make your driver look better.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/05/2019 06:22 by rpaloschi.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net