Friday practice
Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 11:52

First session ended just after a while we are last with a 3 second deficit.

[www.autosport.com]

Re: Friday practice
Date: 10 May, 2019 12:03

tweets from the team

A half-century of laps and plenty of learning for the team in FP1 👍

Time to analyse the data and we'll be back on track for FP2 🇪🇸

taken from facebook comment

Todays paddock rumours are #Kubica finally has a new chassis. Well see, if it makes a difference. His onboard form the fast lap looked a lot better than in the previous races. A lot less fighting with the steering wheel/oversteer through the corners💪👍🏎
Also, #RWR seem to be a lot closer to the pack! 👍👍👍

Date: 10 May, 2019 12:36

it seems that this morning we did not use soft compound, so we will see how it will evolve in the coming hours/days

Posted by: dot_com (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 12:46

I’m sure I’ve said this before but I’m encouraged by the gap between us and the rest of the pack. It seems much less than in previous sessions. Signs of things going in the right direction? Let’s hope that gap doesn’t start to increase as we get closer to quali and race day.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 13:17

Shorter lap though so the gap would be smaller

Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 13:53

True bit under normal circumstances how much would that reduce the gap if say on a 1m:30s lap compared to a 1m:20s lap of Barcelona.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 13:56

well If you want to compare with top teams , the gap from China in FP1, with % of fastest lap, must be a gap of 2.5sec here...
But we have not done laps on Softs yet and the encouraging thing is whether midfield teams are sturggling or we have made bigger step, we are closer to them even if you consider % and not the number.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 16:03

Quote:
Andrew Hooper
True bit under normal circumstances how much would that reduce the gap if say on a 1m:30s lap compared to a 1m:20s lap of Barcelona.

My guess would be a couple of tenths but there are so many variables. What is 100% is that a shorter lap is a smaller gap. Percentage would be the best analysis here

Date: 10 May, 2019 21:48

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net