Chinese GP: Williams race sees a repeat of previous
Posted by: Williams F1 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2019 09:27

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Chinese GP: Williams race sees a repeat of previous
Posted by: A1841 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 April, 2019 10:45

Nice to see both drivers fighting each other towards the end of the race. It's a shame Robert didn't have a good pit stop, which cost him time.

[twitter.com]

Of more significance, it was interesting to see Robert pit just once, and Russell twice.

Russell: started on mediums > hards > softs

Kubica: started on mediums > hards

I didn't think the Williams car was capable of one-stopping, even though the car is very slow.

Before the season, I was concerned about Kubica's tyre preservation skills, but he's doing a very good job so far. Same for his one-lap speed, which I feared might be lacking.

[www.williamsf1.com]

Dave Robson:

"We had clean, well-driven races from both drivers and were able to execute a sensible one-stop strategy with Robert. We tried a similar strategy with George, but the length of the stint and the loss of some tyre temperature meant that ultimately, we opted to pit George for a second time and allow him to finish the race on a new qualifying tyre."

That's quite interesting about Russell. Kubica did 4 more laps on the same tyre on his opening stint. I wonder if Russell has fully adapted to F1 tyres yet, coming from the F2 tyres which are a different size and construction.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net