Williams 2019 issues less complicated than 2018
Posted by: Williams F1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 11:01

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Williams 2019 issues less complicated than 2018
Posted by: CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 12:29

That's good to know, we are starting with a more predictable car. Hopefully we can find some answers. I just want Williams to build a car we can actually go racing with, even if thats towards the back to start with. At least that way we will get to the bottom of what's required. I do sometimes wonder though. Would the rules allow us to go to Dallara and say we want your F1 chassis and to change to that. I know we haven't got the money. Just wondering if the rules allowed it

Posted by: Mr Brooksy (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 23:30

I'm encouraged to hear that the wind tunnel and data at the factory actually correlate with what they see on the actual race car... Which race car, I don't know, as has been reported that the 2 cars are far from identical.

If the instruments and tools actually work this year, then that's a huge step in the right direction! All they need now is the staff to understand it and make significant gains....

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 01:21

I read it as GR is having a positive influence on RK.

Posted by: an.jo (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 01:33

If I understand what's being said here -- and that's not an easy thing -- the team met its performance targets, but those targets misjudged what it would take to be competitive even in the midfield. I wonder whose job it was to decide on those performance targets. Can't wait To find Out.

Posted by: Mr Brooksy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 23:48

Quote:
an.jo
If I understand what's being said here -- and that's not an easy thing -- the team met its performance targets, but those targets misjudged what it would take to be competitive even in the midfield. I wonder whose job it was to decide on those performance targets. Can't wait To find Out.

Isn't that what Sirotkin was referring to in an interview before pre season testing? That the car was expected to be 2 seconds slower than last year and when the Williams rolled out it was indeed slower (not the 2 seconds) but everyone else was ahead of last year or there abouts.

Posted by: Greg_OR (IP Logged)
Date: 11 April, 2019 00:26

Quote:
phatjack
I read it as GR is having a positive influence on RK.
Kubica said same just after Barcelona test, and then GR came to similar conclusions after Australia, what influence are you talking about?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net