ROKiT deal
Posted by: Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 13:18

It has been made public that ROKiT has a 3 year deal with Williams with an option for another 2. Sounds like the owners are prepared to help Williams move back up the grid.

Re: ROKiT deal
Posted by: boro1986willliamsf1 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 14:32

At last some good news thanks Andrew

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 14:40

Ok thatís good but what is it worth pa?

Posted by: Francesc (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 14:54

That's great.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 16:08

Quote:
Stu69

Always tricky with f1 deals without a direct sources but the word is around £17 to £19 million. That's just literally based on posts from randomers

Date: 31 March, 2019 17:12

Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Stu69

Always tricky with f1 deals without a direct sources but the word is around £17 to £19 million. That's just literally based on posts from randomers

Well you know Claire has really done well with this. Now if we can just build a half decent car. 😀💰💰

Posted by: peterl (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 17:28

Mike and Stu

Good to catch up, I heard the deal was for 5 years the first three was for 20 million and depending on us catching up the rest of the field a further two years at 25 million.
What was encouraging was that our "Tyre man" was willing to invest knowing that we were up the pass without a paddle and that this was going to take some sorting out.
I must admit that I never understood us hiring a software man as TD ????

Regards

Peter

Peterl

williams_fw11b_honda_large_25425.jpg

Posted by: andy si (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2019 22:53

I told here on the forum that Claire needs a new Patrick Head in this team to run the technical side.
Sam Michael was supposed to be it.. but Head's shoes are too big to fill as it seems smiling smiley

I feel the Patrick Head return to an active roll in the team could prove a good transition until we get the right guy on board. But as always, cannot wait forever to find him/her!

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2019 08:54

At least Head will be able to crack some skulls if things are not going the way they should. Something that is lacking now in my opinion.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: shriekback (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 06:26

Quote:
Andrew Hooper
It has been made public that ROKiT has a 3 year deal with Williams with an option for another 2. Sounds like the owners are prepared to help Williams move back up the grid.

Ok, Iíll ask again ó Is anyone going to buy one of their phones when they come available?

If there is anything propping up the team right now, youíd certainly have to count ROKiT as among them. Supporting them is one real way of supporting the team.

I got an email today offering me their top model for $199 (they are available now in the US). It will be hard to beat that price, at the very least.

Date: 03 April, 2019 20:35

The phones look really good. 3D!!

Date: 03 April, 2019 20:37

I initially thought it was a good sponsorship deal for a vintage cloths supplier!! Ha ha. (Thatís a .co.uk joke btw!!)

Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 22:03

"Thanks George... Great day. Send our regards to the boys at Grove"

https://media.giphy.com/media/oXB0K4oFw3fck/giphy.gif

Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 22:08

Previous post is in wrong thread. Oops.

This is the one for Rokit:

https://media.giphy.com/media/S7aF5YPXDMMwM/giphy.gif

Date: 04 April, 2019 06:10

Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Andrew Hooper

Ok, Iíll ask again ó Is anyone going to buy one of their phones when they come available?

If there is anything propping up the team right now, youíd certainly have to count ROKiT as among them. Supporting them is one real way of supporting the team.

I got an email today offering me their top model for $199 (they are available now in the US). It will be hard to beat that price, at the very least.

ROKiTs primary market is the USA. The launch there was quite something. So in essence one already can buy their phones. I can't see myself buying one. Mainly because the 3d is a gimmick that I do not wish on anything but my 3d printer. Not even my tv. Plus, the standards I am setting for the minimum specs on my phones are quite higher compared to the ones anyone can deliver for 200 dollars.

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2019 23:43

Come on Alan, F1 and other likable events in 3D on your smart phone are sure to augment reality.

Date: 05 April, 2019 11:00

Let me be clear that there is a difference in Augmented Reality and just plain 3D. The latter is something Im not fond of. Mostly because I am blind with one eye and therefor the 3D addition to me is normally useless. Augmented reality is something different and has got future.

Posted by: boro1986willliamsf1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 April, 2019 18:50

Rokit are also sponsoring the car Nick Hamilton drives in BTCC

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net