Current Page: 32 of 33
Re: The all New FW42
Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 07:50

Lets hope for a clean race with improved cars .

Posted by: longer (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 07:51

history, even the last case with Sirotkin, confirms that good PR and gentle talking doesn't pay off at the end. Yesterday I also saw interviews with George and his 'good' PR has change dramatically as well.

However, to be honest with all of you: I'm from Poland and I hate when Robert is speaking regarding to the messages, voice toning ,everything, my wife even ask me to change the channel when it happens smiling smiley

Posted by: ihme (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 08:29

Quote:
Mikef1
William's never take updates for park ferme

Oh come on Mike, we just simply dont have any real updates even here. Claire, RUS & KUB all said that there wont be any real updates IN BARCELONA(!) only some test items which could be used in the future races IF they will work here.

If we had any updates we would have bolted them on the cars even in parc ferme just so we wont be laughed at as the only team without any real new parts. In our position the first thing we would love to do is probably showing off updates the moment the FW42 was unpacked and built.

How ****ing sad that the team which should be bringing a massive amount of new parts isnt doing that here of all tracks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 08:30 by ihme.

Posted by: longer (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 08:32

in regards to George/Robert rivalry, it is F1, it is all about rivalry even if it is the same, and the worst team.

But we need to wait yet a few races to have the confirmation who is better. There were some symptoms that the cars were not equal. It may be true and it may somehow explain Robert frustration and a lot of his blah blah in the media

George already is giving insights that he is better and not interested in this rivalry, and adding a lot of good PR to give him a good position for the next years. So he is playing his game

But what if it will turn out that in equal cars he is worse and his attitude and assumptions were invalid? Then his frustration and PR may be worse than we have with Robert right now.

Date: 10 May, 2019 09:08

George is talking the talk right now yes.

I agree the updates we have if they are minor should be on the car from the get go.
We are not in a position to hide anything of interest from the other teams and
have not been for a long long time now.

I am sad to say.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 09:52

Quote:
Greg_OR
OMG, Robert never criticized the team (or give me quote) and where did you checked his race pace - on race highlights? cause even with his odd floor and brake problems his lap times matched George's or were slightly slower. Different strategies, pit stops etc made those final differences, casting these results on middle field is... no comment.
I also wait for this weekend as I hope cars are equal now smiling smiley

I don't need check the data as they will misleading cause of their different strategies.
What confirms my own thought is the "continuity" of a big gap at the end of each race...to back it up even, read his own interview about his race pace.

Results don't lie, the guy himself confirms that too...if you know more than him or have the access to some datas which he doesn't, good for you smiling smiley

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 11:21

Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Mikef1
William's never take updates for park ferme

Oh come on Mike, we just simply dont have any real updates even here. Claire, RUS & KUB all said that there wont be any real updates IN BARCELONA(!) only some test items which could be used in the future races IF they will work here.

If we had any updates we would have bolted them on the cars even in parc ferme just so we wont be laughed at as the only team without any real new parts. In our position the first thing we would love to do is probably showing off updates the moment the FW42 was unpacked and built.

How ****ing sad that the team which should be bringing a massive amount of new parts isnt doing that here of all tracks.

Where on earth did that come from? Most teams do not take their updates to park ferme. That's just a fact and William's is one of them. I didn't say that means were going to see a whole new car today, I simply meant that if there is anything to be seen it wont be seen on Thursday anyway.

I dont even bother looking on Thursday as most cars are not running their weekend spec

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 11:40

So practice 1 is done...Anyone could spot new bits on the car?
From what the team says, smaller parts will be used this weekend and more will be tested after the race during that 2days test.

But for now, any pics to check differences?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Date: 14 May, 2019 09:07

Any pics from the test yet this morning.
Looking forward to seeing the new updates.

Posted by: Williams-123 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 09:57

Quote:
GPL
Any pics from the test yet this morning.
Looking forward to seeing the new updates.

Williams are so slow and so far behind Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull their new updates need to be a pair of Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters, anything less than Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters and Williams are screwed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2019 09:58 by Williams-123.

Date: 14 May, 2019 09:59

Please Williams have Space Shuttle Solid Rocket Boosters as your new updates.

Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 10:11

As long as RK and GR swap booster rockets each race to be fair.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Date: 14 May, 2019 10:14

Haha Syd!

Date: 15 May, 2019 11:04

I disagree about persevering with this car the 42.

2 years now they have had to get this concept working and it has
all been a waste of time and money.

Time to cut our loses and try a new concept direction.

There is no one area on this car or last year car that has been competitive.

and still we cannot find any decent down force levels

I hope Patrick can stop the rot and get this team back on track because Claire cannot.

Date: 15 May, 2019 11:20

Quote:
GPL
I disagree about persevering with this car the 42.
2 years now they have had to get this concept working and it has
all been a waste of time and money.

Time to cut our loses and try a new concept direction.

There is no one area on this car or last year car that has been competitive.

and still we cannot find any decent down force levels

I hope Patrick can stop the rot and get this team back on track because Claire cannot.

This years car has all new bargeboards and front wing and rear wing regulations which makes a huge difference. That's why there was no point carrying on with Last years car. Team seems to be on top of its cooling and at the least the sidepod area and rear of the car do not look to be the issue it will be everything happening in front of the inlets.

Because the regulations are stable, they should be using this as an opportunity to try different bargeboard and front wing configurations as ours are by far the most primitive on the grid.

In this regard, it may not be enough to fix the issues of this year but it would be a good start and teach them about next years car. Otherwise they just rock up in Barcelona 2020 with more untested crap, low and behold the car is slow again

Posted by: Jones_silveira (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 12:35

Claire Williams: Mid-season package upgrade should bring ‘significant’ progress

[formulaspy.com]

Date: 24 May, 2019 13:21

Quote:
Jones_silveira
Claire Williams: Mid-season package upgrade should bring ‘significant’ progress
[formulaspy.com]

Echoes of 2018.

It was clear they did put performance on the car but it was never enough and they never touched those all important bargeboards. I dont trust the teams updates

Date: 24 May, 2019 13:48

I agree just talk for our sponsors,

This car is miles off the pace another disgraceful effort for such a team as Williams.

it is hard enough to find 4th let alone 4 seconds.

I hope i never hear of Paddy Lowe again.

This car is just a waste of millions of pounds and man hours.

All that needed to be learnt should of been found last year, god
knows what they have been playing at back at Grove.

another F1 season ruined for me by my Team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/05/2019 13:54 by GPL.

Posted by: Damon96 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 12:12

[www.autosport.com]

So team Stroll going for a major update in July. If we haven’t seen something similar say after the summer break then we really need to start to question whether we can recover this situation.

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 14:28

Quote:
Damon96
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143624/racing-point-plans-almost-new-car-update-for-july
So team Stroll going for a major update in July. If we haven’t seen something similar say after the summer break then we really need to start to question whether we can recover this situation.

Making us look like amateurs!

Current Page: 32 of 33
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net