Current Page: 29 of 32
Re: The all New FW42
Posted by: Francesc (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 21:23

Amus say we have a new rear wing in Baku.

Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 22:55

Quote:
Francesc
Amus say we have a new rear wing in Baku.
I bet there will be only one available and Kubica will get the worse one eventually. (Sm119)

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 13:08

To keep the humor alive and to at least have some self-mockery.. this one I've been send and I do appreciate it's brilliance.

https://i.ibb.co/WPj6CZV/IMG-20190426-WA0016.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 13:32

William's building a new car for Russell will now put to bed any stupid rumours about the state of the cars lack of spare and test chassis.

Jokes aside, I hope this chassis is as useful as his last one

Posted by: jonnybario (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 14:59

Currently Kubica is 6 seconds off the pace. Oh. My. God.

Posted by: erratic (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 13:18

A link to ‘The secret aerodynamicist’ on BBC sport website. [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: IanSmithISA (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 17:45

Good afternoon,

It reads very well, as someone who has tried web site content on things that I know about it reads extremely well.

Yet there is almost no content in that and previous articles.......?

Bye

Ian

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 19:07

Quote:
Mikef1
William's building a new car for Russell will now put to bed any stupid rumours about the state of the cars lack of spare and test chassis.

With both GR and RK requiring new tubs it'll put a major strain on the team's budget and possibly future upgrades.

Though I would agree another tub that performs no better the previous one would suggest they're asleep back at Grove.

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 20:09

Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Mikef1

With both GR and RK requiring new tubs it'll put a major strain on the team's budget and possibly future upgrades.

Though I would agree another tub that performs no better the previous one would suggest they're asleep back at Grove.

RK needs a new tub also?

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2019 21:11

RK won't be getting one as it's going to GR ... though I suppose with GR damaging his tub first, he has first dibs.

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2019 15:41

Any news on what Williams are bringing to Spain or is it still in limbo.

Date: 05 May, 2019 10:53

A guy on Autosport forum saying he spotted a tweet in polish suggesting Williams have stopped development of this years abortion

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2019 15:28

Quote:
GPL
A guy on Autosport forum saying he spotted a tweet in polish suggesting Williams have stopped development of this years abortion

I wouldn’t blame them. The problem is that this happens year after year.

Posted by: rpaloschi (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2019 15:42

usually we had a good season after each disaster...
2006 and we had a somewhat solid 2007 race-wise.
2008 and we had a good car in 2009.
2011 and FW34 came in 2012.
2013 and FW36 came in 2014
I'm afraid of this new trend...
What tricks me is this uncertainty and seeing that, all of a sudden, besides the bad design, it seems that the team started acting like total amateurs/bankrupt teams.
Did something substantial changed on the way an F1 car is designed over the last few years? Because that is the feeling, the team operates in a different league, scared of what others are achieving... did Williams become so small... sorry for the bad mood, those are sad days.

Posted by: erratic (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 07:18

Quote:
GPL

Maybe they have started from scratch and will introduce a new car this year that will carry over into next season? (clutching at straws)

Date: 06 May, 2019 09:45

So we have some little updates at this next race which will determine whether
this car will work or not.

If not then they will start on next years racer.

The backlog of spares is cleared now by all accounts.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 15:03

Impossible to know what happened over the winter last year.

Apparently De Beer did find a lot more downforce for 2018 but this was negated by dirty air under the car. Maybe Paddy was desperately trying to solve this but couldn't . . . hence the 42 thrown together at the last minute.

Some of the problems appear to stem from a lack of competence. The inadequate cooling of the 2018 car was something of a boob. The weight/balance issue with the 42 is surely also to do with basic engineering calculations.

I'd feel more comfortable if we had hired a good hands on designer for the new car - Zander has been mooted. Matt Morris is available too.

Posted by: Gwanni (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 15:21

nice article

[formularapida.net]

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 15:40

Quote:
GPL

Which in turn would be bull. Production has come up to speed, development can begin. Early updates can be brought at Barcelona. No need to throw the towel because of a bad start. Certainly considering this car will be the platform for the FW43. It would be best to understand the flaws and to develop this new concept called the FW42.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Greg_OR (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2019 16:26

Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
GPL

Which in turn would be bull. Production has come up to speed, development can begin. Early updates can be brought at Barcelona. No need to throw the towel because of a bad start. Certainly considering this car will be the platform for the FW43. It would be best to understand the flaws and to develop this new concept called the FW42.
this car should NOT be platform to anything, same as the FW41 shouldn't but unfortunately turned to be a platform for FW42, the towel has been thrown at the moment when this happened - no new concept but only developement of totally spoiled FW41 and when key people like Wood and de Beer gone without real replacement.
I really had a lot of sympathy and hopes for this team but they did everything to convince me that I was wrong.

Current Page: 29 of 32
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net