April 2019- what I see from Neptune
Posted by: Anderis (IP Logged)
Date: 31 May, 2018 22:32

As you may know, I live on Neptune for a couple of weeks now. We have a different time zone here and events up until April 2019 Earth's time have already happened.

The German GP package of upgrades was postponed to Hungarian GP. Kubica tested some parts in FP there but was very critical of them. Both Sirotkin and Stroll were out after Q1 proving the upgrades were not a big step forward. Williams confirmed they would focus on 2019 from then but they remained adamant that they knew the reason why the 2018 concept didn't work and would not repeat the same mistakes in 2019.
Williams finished last in WCC only scoring points on 2 more occasions. Stroll impressed in wet British GP finishing 6th and Sirotkin scored his first and only point to date in F1 finishing 10th in Singapore.

Stroll Sr ran out of patience for Williams and so were Williams engineers not impressed about lack of progress from the Stroll Jr as they felt he was still quite far away from the limit of the car and not making expected progress with more experience. It was announced in September that Williams and Stroll would not continue with each other for 2019.

In October it was announced that Williams would go with Sirotkin-Kubica line-up for 2019. Lotos was rumoured to bring significant sponsorship.
Later the same month it was confirmed that Stroll would go to McLaren, replacing Alonso, who decided to retire from F1. Stroll Sr was able to convince McLaren to take his son and investing a lot of cash in them in return which was what they needed after losing a lot of sponsorship deals due to prolonging lack of results and departure of sponsorship-magnet in person of Alonso.
McLaren became the new most hated team in F1 for choosing Stroll over Norris. People would now argue who between Williams and McLaren is more of a new Tyrell.

In the February 2019 FW42 was presented. The car was mostly white and red with Lotos being the most prominent sponsor after departures of Martini and Rexona reinforced by a couple of sponsors from Russia. FW42 was seemingly not as aggresive in desing as its predecessor. Lowe said that sometimes you need 1 step backwards to make 2 steps forward. But the team was confident some good steps forward were taken compared to 2019.

The 2019 testing was looking similar to 2018. No fast laps from Williams. Questions were raised about the competitiveness of FW42. Smedley said there was no point in going for quick lap times during testing and a lot of people on f1network were saying that they didn't believe Williams would make a dog for 2nd year in row as 2012 and 2014 were much better than 2011 and 2013. One user was reporting that he was having a chat with a member of another F1 team saying that they believed they were ahead of Williams on pace and it was a team Williams fans would be unhappy to be behind.

The first 2 races of 2019 saw a similar level of competitiveness from Williams to their 2018 level. No Q3 and 0 points for the first 2 races. Sirotkin outqualified Kubica 2 times and Williams social media were flooded with comments about Williams giving preferential treatment to the Russian and that Lotus should withdrawn its sponsorship. Paddy Lowe decided to leave Williams after being responsible for 2 bad cars in row. Doug McKiernan was announced as a temporary Chief Technical Officer with Andrew Green being believed to join Williams at the end of the year to try to take the team out of its misery.

Re: April 2019- what I see from Neptune
Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2018 08:49

That would be cool 2 Canadian's investing in McLaren.

[www.wheels.ca]

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2018 08:49

The only unrealistic part about this is stroll getting a McLaren drive.

Zak Brown owns a sponsorship agency he's going to make sure they get plenty of stickers on that car. Wave goodbye to rexona I think. Zak has an excellent relationship with Unilever.

Posted by: T-800 Model 101 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2018 09:01

McLaren make really nice road cars...Why couldn't Williams have started making nice road cars about 15 years ago like McLaren...Williams have nothing like that Williams are just slowly going down the drain (Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2018 09:03 by T-800 Model 101.

Date: 01 June, 2018 09:05

Quote:
Mikef1
Zak Brown owns a sponsorship agency he's going to make sure they get plenty of stickers on that car. Wave goodbye to rexona I think. Zak has an excellent relationship with Unilever.

So Williams are going to lose the Martini sponsorship, are they also going to lose the Rexona sponsorship (Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2018 09:06 by T-800 Model 101.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 June, 2018 09:28

Quote:
T-800 Model 101
Quote:
Mikef1

So Williams are going to lose the Martini sponsorship, are they also going to lose the Rexona sponsorship (Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)(Sm17)

They're coming to the end of their 3 year contract and our form isn't good. I'd take it as a given that sticker won't be on our car anymore. The company that put it there was Zak Brown's. We sourced much sponsorship from them in 2014.

Date: 01 June, 2018 13:21

Thanks Mike for the info.

Posted by: EagleF1 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 19:03

Rexona extended for this year but why would they do it again, no performance, no coverage and no superstar driver to use in activation.

Date: 26 June, 2019 20:23

In the end- I was right that the car would be a disaster, Lowe would leave and that Kubica's fans would flood the internet with accusations about preferencial treatment to his team-mate.

Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 26 June, 2019 20:29

Nice job Anderis!

Who wins the Melbourne Cup this year?

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Date: 26 June, 2019 20:30

Can't see the future anymore, I'm no longer living in a different time zone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net