Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: Launch Date FW41 15th Feb
Posted by: williams4284 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 12:29

I don't agree with that Mike.

Posted by: Polemik (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 12:35

almost all teams already had their filming day ... except for Williams (Sm56)

when will Williams have a filming day with FW41 ?? Does anyone know ?? (Sm55)

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 13:00

Quote:
williams4284

I agree with Mike. I dont think all the Aero developments are in favor of the sport nor will this add anything to road vehicles. I think the FIA should standarize the front wing and rear wing, but bring back the ground effect. Trust me on this, the Indycars will be awesome the upcoming season.

Quote:
Polemik
almost all teams already had their filming day ... except for Williams (Sm56)
when will Williams have a filming day with FW41 ?? Does anyone know ?? (Sm55)

Who gives a crap? In 3 days we will see the cars anyways. And as a serious answer; I think this weekend we will drive around Barcelona.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 13:17

Quote:
williams4284

It's a tough one really. I love seeing what teams come up with especially over this season and last year, but every intricate surface means less able to overtake. F1 does not have good racing. It hasn't had good racing in a very long time. Does it matter? No because we all still watch it. But a lot of restrictions could be made to the front wings and surfaces that would still allow plenty of freedom but keep the downforce loss at a minimum. Ross brawn put such an idea forward last season but was shot down by the teams.

Posted by: tomazy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 16:40

Well, this is F1. People work in f1 designing the cars to be as fast as posible within the regulations. F1 could use spec chassis to lower the cost, it could go all electric to be more green, it could even thorow in some pools so that fans can vote who gets some advantage, but it wouldnt be F1 then would it? I can understand safety spec parts like HALO and side crash structure, but spec front and rear wings? No thanks.

As for better racing, humans have this incredible abilitie called selective memory. We memorise all the good stuff that happen and forget the bad stuff. During most of the history of F1 there was a dominant team. In fact, teams were newer as close toggether as they are now, this is what is preventing overtakings close competition. If the slowest car is 3s slower then the fastest, the overtaking would be difficoult. In 86 british GP you would be 9th with 3s slower car on 1:06s lap (so 9th would be easier to overtake back then, than 20th is today on pace alone). back then all you had from F1 was qualifying and race, and you were happy to wach it even if it was boring. Now in the era of internet if the race is not exciting you say meh this was more borring then Teds notebook.

About filmig day, maybe Williams allready had one we just dont know about it.

PS, I think FE car looks cool.

https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/amp/2GmO3mr6/s6/formula-e-formula-e-2018-2019-car-presentation-2018-formula-e-2018-2019-car-7394301.jpg

Posted by: GPL (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2018 23:34

Well tomorrow is the last day for a shakedown of the remaining new cars

Williams,Renault,Force India.

Posted by: williams4284 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 08:31

I read that testing this pre-season will only be 8 days at Catalunya. Is that correct?

Usually there are 4 more days at Bahrain over those 8. Any reason for that?

Date: 24 February, 2018 10:40

Last year we also had only 8 days of pre seson testing in Barcelona. Bahrain was ousted becouse of the high cost of freight. The weather forcast for the first test is not good, cold and rainy this is why there was Bahrain on pre seson test, less variables.

Ferrari supposedly has its shakedown tomorrow in Barcelona, I hope that we do too.

Judging by the drivers schedule (2 drivers a day) we are planing to do a lot of laps, hope for good reliability and speed of the new car.

Date: 24 February, 2018 11:38

Kubica will get 2 sessions

Date: 24 February, 2018 12:05

Do you think Williams was showing us a semi generic renders of the new
FW41 like Renault have shown on there launch day.

Date: 24 February, 2018 12:14

No, FW41 on the renders is veary detiled, not like Renault. I expect to see the same care on monday, with halo fearing and maybe some other small stuff.

Edit: Does anyone have the isue of F1 racing magazine with FW41, if so, could you plese tell the summary?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2018 12:25 by tomazy.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 12:54

Since the FW36 they've always put out renders of the car that reaches the tests. Always accurate. The FW41 will look exactly as the renders. what we will be able to see is how big the sidepod undercut is and what the gearbox is made of.

Posted by: MViper (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 13:05

Quote:
tomazy
Well, this is F1. People work in f1 designing the cars to be as fast as posible within the regulations. F1 could use spec chassis to lower the cost, it could go all electric to be more green, it could even thorow in some pools so that fans can vote who gets some advantage, but it wouldnt be F1 then would it? I can understand safety spec parts like HALO and side crash structure, but spec front and rear wings? No thanks.
As for better racing, humans have this incredible abilitie called selective memory. We memorise all the good stuff that happen and forget the bad stuff. During most of the history of F1 there was a dominant team. In fact, teams were newer as close toggether as they are now, this is what is preventing overtakings close competition. If the slowest car is 3s slower then the fastest, the overtaking would be difficoult. In 86 british GP you would be 9th with 3s slower car on 1:06s lap (so 9th would be easier to overtake back then, than 20th is today on pace alone). back then all you had from F1 was qualifying and race, and you were happy to wach it even if it was boring. Now in the era of internet if the race is not exciting you say meh this was more borring then Teds notebook.

About filmig day, maybe Williams allready had one we just dont know about it.

PS, I think FE car looks cool.

https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/amp/2GmO3mr6/s6/formula-e-formula-e-2018-2019-car-presentation-2018-formula-e-2018-2019-car-7394301.jpg

Agreed. Completely. We all talk about "golden days of Senna, Nige, Prost" but were those golden days really that interesting? Senna and Prost in McLaren owning everybody with ease? FW14B with Nige and later Prost winning easily? 94-97 were a bit closer between cheating Benetton (later reborn Ferrari) and Willams. 98-99 McLaren dominating. Afterwards was Ferrari era with Schumacher fun? Redbull winning 4 times in a row?

I'm under impression that most people complaining about boring races are exSchumacher fans. Those lot can't find any decent succesor to a German (their rationale: Hamilton is spoiled brat and also replaced poor unfairly treated Schumi, Vettel is ex "enemy", Rosberg was barbiegirl, Kimi is drunkard, Bottas is borefest, Ricciardo still hasn't won shite, Max is maybe potential succesor if he wins 2-3 championships in next 5 years...) So F1 is not at any interest at all to them. No one to cheer for and "who cares" about places lower than 4-5th.

Remember when Schumi announced retirement? Same s**te. But after the comeback F1 instantly became very interesting again to those lot. But only for half a season, hahaha.

I believe the same will happen to much hyped motoGP when Rossi will retire. Most of his masses of fans won't switch to Marquez due to their past and every other rider is "unspectacular".

Williams Racing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2018 13:09 by MViper.

Date: 24 February, 2018 13:18

Here you can see that the fearing for the halo is missing on the renders.

https://image.ibb.co/hVhBoH/66666.jpg

Can't wait to see the real imgaes of this car. I hope that the team won't have any issues in the morning hours, as I have an evning shift at work.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:14

We will see the same car as renders.it's been the same in last 2-3 years.this time the renders are quite exciting so I don't hope for more.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Date: 25 February, 2018 10:26

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW39ULHXcAAzwpy.jpg:large

Date: 25 February, 2018 13:45

Mercedes chimney on top of the fin?

Posted by: Willosh (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 14:47

Delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/02/2018 14:49 by Willosh.

Date: 25 February, 2018 15:07

Wheel base could be at least 100mm maybe 150mm longer.

Date: 25 February, 2018 15:43

Fins on top of the cockpit front area.

It seems still no display screen on steering wheel unless this is just Roberts wheel.??

What is the black thing bolted on the bottom of the front halo mount is that the display screen???

Current Page: 11 of 12
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net