3. Button
... All other Williams drivers to date
... All future Williams drivers
X. Maldonado

Re: Williams most beloved driver of all time
Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 09:35

Nige.

His whinging was louder than his motor and it was mentally draining following his constant near misses, before he finally clinched it. But you had to love his passion and raw racing talent when he was on fire.

I followed Damon but didn't find him that exciting as a driver. I was glad when he finally got his comeuppance against Schumi, though.

I followed Webber and had high hopes for him at Williams, following in AJ's footsteps, but sadly it never really worked out. About as frustrating as following Mansell, but unfortunately he missed his opportunity to convert.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Posted by: Carbon Industries (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 10:16

lol Syd...Webber is taboo at this message board (Sm6)

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 11:06

Did a search on the top 10 William's drivers of all time. While I don't agree with the list, it made for an interesting cross section.

10. Clay Regazzoni
9. Juan Pablo Montoya
8. Carlos Reutemann
7. Keke Rosberg
6. Jacques Villeneuve
5. Alan Jones
4. Damon Hill
3. Alain Prost
2. Nelson Piquet
1. Nigel Mansell

[bleacherreport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 11:13 by phatjack.

Posted by: Damon96 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 16:29

Mansell brought me to Williams after his Ferrari spell but I'd put Damon over him because that's when I got older and I can really remember getting properly into F1. The battles with Schumacher haven't really been beaten since I think for rivalry.

After that it's probably JPM and Webber. JPM he was just a proper no nonsense Williams driver, loved his driving and his in car radio moments. Never understood why he went to Mclaren, he just wasn't the type of driver that Ron would like.

I really hoped Webber would do well but he picked the wrong time to be at Williams.

It's a shame we binned Hulk so soon, we should have stuck with him over Senna, with Bottas they'd have made a great team.

Interesting that Jacque doesn't feature much, great driver - bad agent / attitude.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 17:11

JV never did good to his own reputations after leaving Williams.specially in latter part of BAR running, Sauber time and the worst part was a late season switch to Renault.
Just another driver who looked better than he really was because the quality of Williams cars in those years.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 20:10

Kubica

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 21:54

For me it was Keke, and Keke and Nigel were the 'dream team' . . . but not for long.

Interesting to read the speculation about Kvyat here. One forgets that Nigel 'couldn't give himself away' . . . his own words . . . after being fired by Lotus and hiring Mansell was the last straw in Keke's relationship with Williams. Yet they ended up as good mates. People can flourish in other teams.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net