Jenson Button driving for Williams Martini Racing?
Posted by: TerraNova19 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 20:39

some food for thought!!!

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Re: Jenson Button driving for Williams Martini Racing?
Posted by: Vancha (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 20:57

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKOP2CKWwAADxr8.jpg:large

by Spas Genev

Posted by: Carbon Industries (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 01:14

I think Jenson is done with F1...He won't come back.

Posted by: andy si (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 06:32

He might if Alonso does 24hrs of Le Mans..

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 08:15

When you read how button talks about f1 it is very clear that it is a closed chapter. Shame because I always liked Jenson.

Posted by: Duffer (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 08:35

Another retired driver who if came back for a year would have nothing to prove, and hence be missing that edge needed to compete with guys like sainz and verstappen.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 08:36 by Duffer.

Posted by: Mikef1 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 09:51

Buttons best years were 2009 to around 2012 where he was top drawer. After that... middle drawer. If he came back, we wouldn't see that world champion ambition that stood him in good stead against Lewis Hamilton.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 09:55

He is done with F1 and repeatedly said that.his shamble performance in Monaco sealed his retirement too.
Btw, not talking about F1 in total, he is done with Williams along time ago...turned us down 2 times, even broke a signed contract and paid a fortune to not drive for us.
I wonder why should we get excited about him anymore.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 10:07

Button is a driver of the past. Leave him there.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 10:11

Quote:
AlanJones
Button is a driver of the past. Leave him there.

For once we agree on something AJ.

He is a nice guy and an excelent driver but is f1 chapter is over, he is the one that confirms it.

Funny that when he was at Williams in the begining of his career I didn't like him that much, but he eventualy showed I was wrong.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 10:22

@#$%&, got my hopes up that post Brexit we might see another British driver on the grid.

Date: 07 November, 2017 10:22

Well we agree upon more things winking smiley
Just Kvyat is the one thing we cant agree upon.

And PJ, seriously.. are you Donald Trump?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 10:23 by AlanJones.

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 10:38

LMAO AJ, not to derail this thread that was my dry sense of humour. For the record, I am the product of 2 immigrant parents, one has no education and the other very little. They made their dream a reality and put 4 kids through higher education.

With all decorum I would not wipe your ass with Trump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 10:38 by phatjack.

Date: 07 November, 2017 10:46

Quote:
AlanJones
Well we agree upon more things winking smiley Just Kvyat is the one thing we cant agree upon.

And PJ, seriously.. are you Donald Trump?

Yah Kvyat is not my thing.. unless if he comes in to a test driver role.

Kubica vs Kvyat both at 100% Kubica is much better.

I base my opinion in a simple thought, I rather be wrong about Kubica and say we risked on the better driver than risk Kvyat when we have Kubica available.

And about PJ and D.Trump lol there is only one human race,
There is already a British driver on the grid and he is Champion.
Judge drivers by skills not nationality there are teams doing that already and ruining some great talents.

About Brexit I don't have a say in the matter cause i'm Portuguese so it's not my business to say your wrong or wright. As far as I know it was a majoritiy that voted for leaving the EU so has a democratic country you should leave.
If it will be better or not time will say.

Marco Cardoso

Date: 07 November, 2017 11:40

Quote:
phatjack
LMAO AJ, not to derail this thread that was my dry sense of humour. For the record, I am the product of 2 immigrant parents, one has no education and the other very little. They made their dream a reality and put 4 kids through higher education.

Haha cheers mate. But I wouldnt dare touch Trump.

But to be fair on the subject, I cant see past Norris and perhaps Ilott as the future of British Grand Prix drivers. And with Palmer as the last "succesful" addition, the future certainly isnt looking bright.

Posted by: Carbon Industries (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 11:52

Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
phatjack

Haha cheers mate. But I wouldnt dare touch Trump.

But to be fair on the subject, I cant see past Norris and perhaps Ilott as the future of British Grand Prix drivers. And with Palmer as the last "succesful" addition, the future certainly isnt looking bright.

But look at the Present AJ, Hamilton is a 4 times WDC so the Present is bright.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 12:02

I think Rowland should be on the grid. He has shown enough to be at least a pro / journeyman F1 driver. Sort of Perez type.

My guess would be that once Hamilton or Mercedes have faded / gone, it will be VER vs. LeClerk pretty much. Vettel and RIC will be the 'other guys' who get involved.

Norris may be a match for both of them too.

As for Brexit, we know the EU is not keen on democratic votes and usually asks those involved to re-consider and keep voting until they get it 'right' but yes we did vote to leave and for all the pillory and left wing, idiot@#$%&that is written about it, we'll be better off in 50 year's time.

It's the EU who is crapping itself because one of it's biggest net contributors has just left the game. Little old Britain. To hear some people talk, you would think we were so unimportant that we won't be missed at all. Lolz.

Date: 07 November, 2017 12:25

Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I think Rowland should be on the grid. He has shown enough to be at least a pro / journeyman F1 driver. Sort of Perez type.
My guess would be that once Hamilton or Mercedes have faded / gone, it will be VER vs. LeClerk pretty much. Vettel and RIC will be the 'other guys' who get involved.

As for Brexit, we know the EU is not keen on democratic votes and usually asks those involved to re-consider and keep voting until they get it 'right' but yes we did vote to leave and for all the pillory and left wing, idiot@#$%&that is written about it, we'll be better off in 50 year's time.

It's the EU who is crapping itself because one of it's biggest net contributors has just left the game. Little old Britain. To hear some people talk, you would think we were so unimportant that we won't be missed at all. Lolz.

Lol Ozzie chill man I'm not saying you (people in Favour of Brexit) where wrong probably not.
Britain has a very strong currency and some World Class industries, adding to that i'm definatly not a politician.
For me EU as never been united and probably never will be, to many diferent cultures, still we live in a global society and need to adapt to that.
Still we recieve everyone well in Portugal we really like our little sunshine corner by the sea and don't mess with others politics we have enough corruption here lol.

Marco Cardoso

Date: 07 November, 2017 14:07

Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Dont forget Ocon. I am drooling over the prospect of Ocon (Mercedes) vs. Verstappen (Red Bull/Aston Martin) vs. LeClerc (Ferrari).
Still, having to leave the EU with billions of left over payments in sight with no tradecommission or trade deals done, I wish you all the luck getting that all in order firstly. Britain will most likely suffer an economic depression before they are ready to build up the country. But not after London has fallen off the grid of the financial markets and Frankfurt having taken over. And by the time Britain gets a gain from leaving the EU, I am most likely retired already.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net