Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Kvyat in Williams?
Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 10:33

What's Tiago Monteiro doing these days? He might be up to the challenge.

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 11:05

Quote:
phatjack
What's Tiago Monteiro doing these days? He might be up to the challenge.

Lol PJ, but nop Tiago is recovering from an acident he had in tests with is WTCC Honda.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 12:17

Lol. Nah I don't know. Seriously I think Kubica has a serious shot at our seat. And I, for one, would love to see it happening. But hopefully they contract Kvyat as well as a reserve driver.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Date: 11 November, 2017 12:43

Quote:
AlanJones
Lol. Nah I don't know. Seriously I think Kubica has a serious shot at our seat. And I, for one, would love to see it happening. But hopefully they contract Kvyat as well as a reserve driver.

Lol AJ. Kubica is going to test with Williams inAbu Dhabi then will see, i'm sure he as always been our main target for 2018, but Williams as to make sure it's viable.

Watch is onboards in rallies you'll see a very good arm movement.

Now a rallie stage lasts about 10/15min, a F1 race goes on for up to 2 hours, that's what Williams need to know Robert is capable to do without dificulties.

Marco Cardoso

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 14:20

Quote:
AlanJones

I think they (And Merc) would like Wehrlein as reserve. But I don't think Pascal is that interested . . . according to Speedweek he is already looking at possibilities to go to DTM.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 15:05

I believe the test indicates whether we will have Kubica as race driver with Kvyat as reserve or having Kvyat as race driver and Pascal as test driver.
Kvyat should be busy somewhere to be that much quiet these days.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Date: 11 November, 2017 15:38

I doubt if Kvyat has had time to put funding together yet. Petrov's lady manager was very sharp and had 15 million committed plus one-off deals from Petrov's home town, before she approached Lotus. On the other hand, the promised Russian millions from Sirotkin never arrived at Sauber.

Obviously money would help his cause. We hear that Stroll senior wants to reduce his sponsorship and, whatever we may think, Lance is contributing points to the Team now - more than the lead driver. Hmmmm.

Date: 11 November, 2017 17:43

Well Gunk, I would be happy if Stroll senior stops paying anything so the team would be forced to stop taking such desicions on drivers!
He is scoring more points than the lead driver not because of how great he is, but because the lead driver is not doing what a lead driver must do.he is Massa, not a Lewis, Fernando, or even not a Hulk...erm sorry, not even a full version of Massa.he is a version who came out of retirement and "is having fun these days" in his own words + approaching another retirement.
Bring in "luck" parameter and you finish with the result that Stroll is terrible from any aspect.

This car was good enough to be fighting for 4th.we are not, that tells all about the quality of our drivers.

Posted by: M79 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2017 06:03

Quote:
Mehryar
Well Gunk, I would be happy if Stroll senior stops paying anything so the team would be forced to stop taking such desicions on drivers!

Lance out would mean that we'd be forced to run guys like Ericsson, Latifi, Gelael etc. Ericsson would probably be more or less on par with Lance in terms of speed due to his experience but not in terms of funding. We'd be going backwards because lack of budget for car development.

Date: 14 November, 2017 08:40

Lance out would mean Kubica and Wehrlein or Kvyat teaming up with either Wehrlein or Kvyat as a reserve. Id say thats a win win and seriously puts us in a position where I dare to say at that moment; we got the best driver line up since Baby Shuey and Monty.

Date: 14 November, 2017 10:21

Quote:
AlanJones
Lance out would mean Kubica and Wehrlein or Kvyat teaming up with either Wehrlein or Kvyat as a reserve. Id say thats a win win and seriously puts us in a position where I dare to say at that moment; we got the best driver line up since Baby Shuey and Monty.

I agree with you AJ the only problem would be funding the car development we all know any of the tree contenders for the seat would be a better pairing for us but money is needed and somebody will have they're legs cut so we can retain Stroll and is money. It's a shame but we live to fight another day.

Marco Cardoso

Date: 14 November, 2017 14:47

Quote:
Marco Cardoso

I agree with you AJ the only problem would be funding the car development

Force India fund their car development with less money than Williams and hire decent drivers. Our business model is as flawed as our driver policy.

Posted by: Carbon Industries (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2017 15:08

Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Marco Cardoso

Force India fund their car development with less money than Williams and hire decent drivers. Our business model is as flawed as our driver policy.

When I read this it makes me feel sad for Williams (Sm17)

Date: 14 November, 2017 19:25

Quote:
Carbon Industries
Quote:
Gunk
Quote:
Marco Cardoso

When I read this it makes me feel sad for Williams (Sm17)

The fact is, we don't need to make all the parts we do. There's not a lot to be gained, while we have huge headcount and overheads. It's arguable also that Mercedes can make a better gearbox and suspension.

In the old days, it was necessary to have these resources in house as a works team . . . but that was long ago and may not happen again to Williams.

Date: 14 November, 2017 20:29

Exactly Gunk...it's sad but the fact is the has a way bigger factory, making more items themselves and probably this resulted in a debt we are turning it down recently.
Force India did not spend that money so they are ahead financially even with a lesser income.
It hurts and looks to be useless unless we againt attract a new works deal sometime in future.

Date: 14 November, 2017 22:20

And thats where Paddy comes in Gunk. I do believe he can turn around the philosophy and design processes so the people designing the car can function properly in a good manner that is both efficient and proving. I dont think that we should perform less than Force India if everything is in order as described one sentence back. Something that has veered away from us over the past couple of seasons. Something a guy like Paddy can bring back.
That is where we should get our gain. Not with more money. Because Force India has proven that P4 or P5 is in reach even with a lesser budget than us. Id rather kick Lance out in favor of a seriously good driver lineup, than keep lance and still being a driving school for the kid.

And Mehryar, Force India isnt listed on the stock exchange, so it is hard to say anything about their financial state. But considering that the rumours of huge financial debts were not that long ago (about 2 seasons ago when even there was a serious cash flow problem unrelated to Vijay Mallya) and the majority of the sponsors being linked to Perez, one would assume that Force India doesnt have got a strong financial base to build upon. In 2016 it was assumed that Williams netted around 23 million GBP in sponsorship income over Force India with 13 million. Now BWT has joined it is likely that they have an increased sponsorship budget believed to be in the region of around 28 million GBP. But that doesnt mean that the financial debt is gone completely. Merely that they could fill up the financial gap and make a bit more investments. In any case, we should do better since our debt is less, our income is stable, we are dropping back in the pecking order, but still we should surpass Force India in the long run again. Perhaps being overtaken by one or two powerhouses like Woking or Renault. But we should always be able to fight for at least fifth in the WCC. Anything better should be considered a bonus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2017 22:36 by AlanJones.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net