Kvyat in Williams?
Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 11:10

Your thoughts.

https://goo.gl/images/VESYsm

Re: Kvyat in Williams?
Posted by: Carbon XXX (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 11:47

I actually think Kvyat would go alright against Stroll he may even beat Stroll over a season.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 11:49

Come on Marco, get lost with all these threads. Better ask Andrew if he wants to merge al these threads into one "who will driver for Williams" thread.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 13:36

Not too many threads. All on a different topic. It's fine by me.

Date: 31 October, 2017 14:05

It is like Kvyat could not handle it at Red Bull anymore it is like his head went whoop whoop whoop and exploded.

Posted by: Domi96 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 16:31

I like the money he brings,but he would be worse than Stroll,especially after the Toro Rosso release,u remember how bad was he after demotion to Toro rosso than imagine after this drop,how bad would he be 😬

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 17:17

He was ok in early stages, some unlucky races but the pace was close to Sainz.

His problem is 2 things imo :

1.His mental strength can be rivaled by Massa and Palmer.in RBR he had a reason or late 2016 but Sainz started to beat him race in race out fair and square after some unlucky races he had.there was no demotion talk, he simply lost his head after some unlucky weekends and never seemed to be back...you know these kindda weekends can happen alot specially if you're a Williams driver.

2.His race craft is not anything near good, Sainz always fights much harder, or Ocon or Perez.He is somehow abit like Massa at it.

Btw, we are talking about 2017 version of Kvyat...same as we talk about 2017 version of Kubica.you can't judge them by how good they were in 2010 or 2015.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 23:29

Quote:
AlanJones
Come on Marco, get lost with all these threads. Better ask Andrew if he wants to merge al these threads into one "who will driver for Williams" thread.

Marco ignore AJ, you'll end up like another poster on this board. Though I must admit AJ seems timid from starting a thread for all his know it all.

Date: 31 October, 2017 23:47

Wise words daddy.

Why would I start any thread these days? All is being discussed in one thread. It is just like during a weekend having 3 different threads to discuss each day. Rather than having one thread where we discuss possible signings, you have about 4 now. Brilliant pollution of the board. Applaud pollution PJ. Be generous.

Date: 01 November, 2017 01:51

Quote:
AlanJones
Wise words daddy.
Why would I start any thread these days? All is being discussed in one thread. It is just like during a weekend having 3 different threads to discuss each day. Rather than having one thread where we discuss possible signings, you have about 4 now. Brilliant pollution of the board. Applaud pollution PJ. Be generous.

Just created the Wehrlein and Kvyat threads because they are diferent options, no other reason.
The uninteresting threads will evetualy dissapear.
I'm not going to give any further opinions on this because it's ultimatly useless, I can keep my opinions to myself.

Date: 01 November, 2017 02:09

Quote:
AlanJones

The Maldonado one wasn't my idea Alan and you may be right but diferent drivers, diferent threads or at least one general thread.
The uninteristing ones will disappear and it's actualy a way for us to see whitch driver moves more thoughts from the fans.
Has you said before i'm biased for Kubica and you are correct in that acessment.
The others for me don't belong in the same league/thread as Kubica, they are poor/average drivers.
I'm not a person who has doubts about what I would go for, so in this case it's a simple choice if you ask me.

Posted by: Duffer (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2017 13:11

Come on aj, i like you mate. You post some great stuff. Dont be thread police just because marco is under your skin. Be cool bro.

Marco is passionate. You have to appreciate that.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2017 13:16

Don't see a problem. You don't have to read threads. It's an open forum. All good.

Date: 01 November, 2017 13:24

Marco, you are biased in favour of Kubica and so the matter I am too. Simply because I would want this fairy tale to work. Just as much as you do. But on the Kvyat discussion it is useless to say that he can not perform and that he is a weak driver. Because he is not. Kvyat would be a great asset to our team. Certainly if you opt for Stroll and Kubica and have Kvyat as a reserve driver.

And agreed Duff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 13:25 by AlanJones.

Date: 01 November, 2017 18:52

Quote:
AlanJones
Marco, you are biased in favour of Kubica and so the matter I am too. Simply because I would want this fairy tale to work. Just as much as you do. But on the Kvyat discussion it is useless to say that he can not perform and that he is a weak driver. Because he is not. Kvyat would be a great asset to our team. Certainly if you opt for Stroll and Kubica and have Kvyat as a reserve driver.
And agreed Duff.

I respect your opinion Alan bit I sincerely do not rate Kvyat as a good driver.. not because I prefer Kubica, it's my real opinion on him.
In that case instead of Kvyat as reserve I would rather have Wehrlein.
But I know I may be wrong considering Wehrlein better than Kvyat but it's what I think.

Posted by: K1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2017 23:55

Some time back i suggested that Kvyat could be a possibility and i still believe that. Yes, he is mercurial and he sometimes exhibits some rash decision making. He needs someone to take a vital interest in him and support him..then he'll do well. make no mistake Kvyat has a very good turn of speed. His racecraft needs honing and Williams might just be the team to supply that for him. I still think that Kubica is NOT the future, for anyone. Offered the two for consideration i would take a gamble and give Kvyat the drive. Di Resta is a great commentator but he's not a replacement driver for Williams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 10:10 by K1.

Posted by: speed (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2017 04:22

I would take a driver that has not been mentally destroyed by someone or something. Massa was almost a WDC too but the accident & then Alonso destroyed him mentally, from which he never recovered. Kyat will be the same.

Date: 02 November, 2017 07:24

Quote:
speed
I would take a driver that has not been mentally destroyed by someone or something. Massa was almost a WDC too but the accident & then Alonso destroyed him mentally, from which he never recovered. Kyat will be the same.

So Williams not signing Kvyat would be a good thing?

Posted by: Polemik (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2017 08:05

Quote:
speed

that's exactly my opinion too ... there is nothing more to add thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2017 08:07 by Polemik.

Date: 02 November, 2017 11:13

O/T..........Why are so many posters at this message board frightened to start new threads???

I notice a lot of people post here but they do not start new threads they only post in existing threads, it is only a handful of posters that start new threads..........is it because they are frightened of forum police / thread police???

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net