Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Williams @ Mexico GP - Race
Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 08:04

If Lance can sort his qualifying out he would be really quite good and an asset.

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 11:00

Quote:
Duffer
So, sebastian at the start first hit max with his wing. He knew it was broken as bits flew up, small ones.
I am willing to bet he poked it into hamilton's rear tyre on purpose. Noone will ever know, but it seems to be the german way. He learnt from that gremlin schumacher.

I also got that feeling he did it on porpuse but he will denie it, also Massa did turn into Vettel later on the race, on the replay it's pertty evident he pushed Vettel of track.
It's racing and Massa was still trying to grab 10th place.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 11:25

Points don't lie. STR in his 'disastrous' rookie season is ahead of MAS.

Whatever we think of Stroll, Massa now has to go. He just doesn't bring home the bacon I'm afraid. Never has. Never will.

See how ALO fought with HAM? Can you see MAS doing that? No. He rolled over to have his tummy rubbed.

I have high hopes for Lance. He makes few mistakes these days. He races well under pressure. OK, qualifying is a weakness but that can be worked on. He seems to keep pace in the race, unlike MAS who vanishes when it starts to go wrong.

Anyway, Lance is with us for the next couple seasons at least so let's go with the guy.

Massa just has to go. My heart says let's put Kubica in the other car and see what happens. Could be quite exciting. Even if it's just the case that he is an inspiration to Lance.

Posted by: gpl (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 11:39

Yes Lance got a lucky break today and he made the most of it
drove good quickish consistent laps also looked after his tires.
reeled Ocon in bit by bit but needed 10 more laps to hound him.

Saying that Ocon is smart and was controlling his pace/position
and saved a bit of rubber for the Stroll attack
and let Lance use up his Rubber closing the gap.

Massa got caught out again slipped to the back and was not able to overtake
with a quicker car this being a weak part of his driving these days.

Posted by: SchuMassa (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 12:13

I understand it's not easy being a bit sensible, but please, try to be.

1. Massa had a puncture while being 2 places ahead of Stroll. He couldn't do anything about it, bad luck. And still, he almost finished in the points. Otherwhise, there is no reason to assume he would've finished lower than P7.

Looking at the points, it's very misleading. Remember the damper failure in Azerbaijan? Lost a certain podium. The puncture in Russia? Lost a 6th place. More than 25 points! (and I don't even mention Spain, Canada...)

2. Complaining about Massa being too lenient in these fights especially after this race is quite strange. He was defending very hard against Vettel, like in his old days.

You're either a Massa-hater, a troll or hopelessly stupid if you don't realize these FACTs. Look, I don't like Lance that much, but I'm not talking about his - most of the time quite unconvincing - performance. That's the difference. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2017 12:15 by SchuMassa.

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 12:35

Massa does have some bad luck but quite a bit of the time I think he creates the situation to allow the bad luck. He is a loser not a winner. We need a winner, a fighter, someone who can create an opportunity out of nothing. I will be glad to see the back of him!

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 16:58

SchuMassa, ok let's check the facts.

Massa in last 12years has been beaten in points by all of his team mates, bar 2008.
Massa is taking twice the salary that Perez and Ocon are taking combined, with this salary, he should not have an off weekend.
Massa can not overtake.very simple, he can not do it!

To me, this is enough to change him for next season.

Comparing him with Stroll is quite misleading.he is a rookie and Massa is meant to be his benchmark not the other way around.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 17:27

As I have said before I thank Massa for four solid seasons with the team, but the team needs freshening up and the time has come to let him explore other avenues.

SchMassa, Felipe is of course free to race for any of the other teams on the grid if they want to sign him. Ending his career as he started at Sauber for example.

Posted by: M79 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 19:10

Not wanting to take anything away from Massa regarding his achievements, he simply idoes not represent the future for the team.
The team have been pretty clear (implicitly) that they are looking for an A grade driver that will push the technical team further. Apparently the team does not see Massa as a perfect fit anymore, otherwise he would have been confirmed ages ago.

My personal feeling is that Massa is having an okay-ish season, but the team want fresh blood whilst not parting ways with the cash Stroll brings in.

Posted by: Domi96 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2017 22:16

U can't fault him for money,he was offered that and for that money Williams could have easily taken another driver for that money,and he was always doomed to me to lose a title in that way,the accident i mean u have to be cursed 😬 i would retain him only because drivers market is too poor and if Paddy makes solid car 4th in Wc,you know u can get great drivers like Perez in2018 and also get the money he brings,with that kind of cash and solid drivers lineup u can get back to 2014 season when podiums were reality and not coincidence like Strolls this year,but again thats my vision😄

Posted by: Duffer (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 07:49

Great post mehryar.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 10:01

Quote:
Domi96
U can't fault him for money,he was offered that and for that money Williams could have easily taken another driver for that money,and he was always doomed to me to lose a title in that way,the accident i mean u have to be cursed, i would retain him only because drivers market is too poor and if Paddy makes solid car 4th in Wc,you know u can get great drivers like Perez in2018 and also get the money he brings,with that kind of cash and solid drivers lineup u can get back to 2014 season when podiums were reality and not coincidence like Strolls this year,but again thats my vision

Perez and there's always a slim shot at an unhappy Ricciardo for 2019 if we the FW41 proves worthy.

But for the short time I still see only two options Kubica or Wehrlein. In that order.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Posted by: Domi96 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 16:28

Quote:
Marco Cardoso
Quote:
Domi96
U can't fault him for money,he was offered that and for that money Williams could have easily taken another driver for that money,and he was always doomed to me to lose a title in that way,the accident i mean u have to be cursed, i would retain him only because drivers market is too poor and if Paddy makes solid car 4th in Wc,you know u can get great drivers like Perez in2018 and also get the money he brings,with that kind of cash and solid drivers lineup u can get back to 2014 season when podiums were reality and not coincidence like Strolls this year,but again thats my vision�

Perez and there's always a slim shot at an unhappy Ricciardo for 2019 if we the FW41 proves worthy.

But for the short time I still see only two options Kubica or Wehrlein. In that order.

Yes Marco but i would prefer Perez because of money he brings and money that is a must need to develop car. As for those two options ,i likes Kubica but i just doubt he is at 100% and if rumours of being slower than Di resta are true i mean what are we talking abou,Di resta is slower than Massa,as for Wehrlein i just dont like him i mean he is on ericssons level,i just think he didnt progress like he should throughout the season and that is all because of Ocon to Force india move😬

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net