Monza driver of the day is
Posted by: TMT (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2017 14:02

Daniel Ricciardo...WOW how good is Ricciardo.

Re: Monza driver of the day is
Date: 04 September, 2017 04:49

Where is K1...K1 are you around mate?

Date: 04 September, 2017 04:55

What did you think of the Monza race K1?

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 15:21

Lance was the star of the show. Ocon and Ric placed a joint second.

Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 20:47

Lance was definitely the driver of "yesterday". Went backwards in the race, but he put in a solid performance.

Ocon was definitely up there too and put his team mate in the shade. Good on him - Perez needs to be put on his place.

I think Ric deserved the plaudits in the race, though. He was supreme in all of his overtaking moves.

Max is fast, but too raw and showing his immaturity. He got away with his bullying tactics at first, but now other drivers are standing their ground and he's getting into too much self-inflicted damage.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Posted by: K1 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 02:09

Stroll was the 'star of the show' Goodness me, how deluded can you get. Stroll put in an exceptional quali lap in the rain. No doubt about that but so did Ricciardo/Hamilton and Verstappen so there you go. On Sunday he faded, as expected, despite doing what he could during the race. Stroll needs to be able to follow up this surge with more results if he's going to be judged a 'keeper'. I do have my doubts though. He seems to be a likeable enough young lad but does he have that all important 'mongrel gene' that is a prerequisite in F1?

Ocon has it though, in abundance. Hopefully he'll go far. Which brings us to Ricciardo...well what can one say? That was a stunning race and that is why he took the DOTD plus a plethora of similar survey awards across a multitude of F1 sites. His intelligent/aggressive passing is fastly becoming his trademark, even more so than in the past. The fact that he doesn't make many errors only serves to highlight his talent which is diametrically opposed to the rookie antics of his team mate. Verstappen is a naturally talented fast driver who is very very good but that's where the accolades terminate. His overly aggressive and arrogant attitude could well be his biggest detraction. Verstappen has been in F1 now for almost three years!!! His track actions are raw and somewhat crude in execution. He will need to sharpen up his act.

Date: 05 September, 2017 02:58

Quote:
K1
Stroll was the 'star of the show' Goodness me, how deluded can you get. Stroll put in an exceptional quali lap in the rain. No doubt about that but so did Ricciardo/Hamilton and Verstappen so there you go. On Sunday he faded, as expected, despite doing what he could during the race. Stroll needs to be able to follow up this surge with more results if he's going to be judged a 'keeper'. I do have my doubts though. He seems to be a likeable enough young lad but does he have that all important 'mongrel gene' that is a prerequisite in F1?
Ocon has it though, in abundance. Hopefully he'll go far. Which brings us to Ricciardo...well what can one say? That was a stunning race and that is why he took the DOTD plus a plethora of similar survey awards across a multitude of F1 sites. His intelligent/aggressive passing is fastly becoming his trademark, even more so than in the past. The fact that he doesn't make many errors only serves to highlight his talent which is diametrically opposed to the rookie antics of his team mate. Verstappen is a naturally talented fast driver who is very very good but that's where the accolades terminate. His overly aggressive and arrogant attitude could well be his biggest detraction. Verstappen has been in F1 now for almost three years!!! His track actions are raw and somewhat crude in execution. He will need to sharpen up his act.

Good post K1 thumbs down

Posted by: Duffer (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 10:26

See, it is all relative.

Ricciardo is expected to be great, and when he is, that is what should be.

Stroll is a steaming dog poo normally, so when that poo turns into a plastic toy made in China, everyone says "wow, a poo turned into a cute little toy" forgetting at the end of the days it is a crappy plastic toy from China with no longevity...

I was surprised we got a plastic toy as opposed to a poo, but there ya go. Well done to lance, yay.

It is positive from Williams though, as I credit the car team more than the drivers. That car had some pace in Monza, and particularly good to handle in the wet.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Posted by: K1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 September, 2017 01:34

Thank you Whitey. I am extremeley surprised that the "Phat' one hasn't responded with the usual bile and denigration that she saves up for me when i occasionally post.Anyway, as Verstappen said when asked for his comments re the Magnussen bingle..'I don't really care'

Date: 11 September, 2017 09:37

I suppose Daniel Ricciardo & Lewis Hamilton were equal drivers of the day in this race.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net