Current Page: 38 of 44
Re: Kubica in Williams?
Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 12:28

Insurance is a point. Assuming Kubica was insured for multi years earnings (as a BMW works driver), and can keep drawing such money for so long as he can't race then he has ensure any racing comeback doesn't damage his financial security.

Suspect he could accept a loss of some earnings to enjoy a sport he loves again, but not a wipeout of wealth.

So I think he needs a) the security of a multiyear f1 contract to cover earnings, and a waiver from his insurer to allow a one off race or a break clause for Williams if he isn't good enough to race.

This is the delay in my judgement.

I am of course speculating!

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 13:17

Quote:
Stuart L
Insurance is a point. Assuming Kubica was insured for multi years earnings (as a BMW works driver), and can keep drawing such money for so long as he can't race then he has ensure any racing comeback doesn't damage his financial security.
Suspect he could accept a loss of some earnings to enjoy a sport he loves again, but not a wipeout of wealth.

So I think he needs a) the security of a multiyear f1 contract to cover earnings, and a waiver from his insurer to allow a one off race or a break clause for Williams if he isn't good enough to race.

This is the delay in my judgement.

I am of course speculating!

Stuart mate.. I'm the speculator here LOL.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Posted by: andy si (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2017 13:59

If Kubica gets in a Williams race seat in Abu Dhabi.. then you can say most of the complete F1's weekend exposure will go to Williams with the title race already completed.

They can charge anything for sponsirskih in that last race.. it will all be non stop on camera.

Posted by: Carbon Industries (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 07:38

I kinda agree with Duffer I think Kubica could not cut it.

Posted by: Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 08:30

Think itíll be Di Resta, heís a known quantity. On a one year contract, then if he cuts the mustard keep him, if not. Sign a new driver.

Posted by: ralf111 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 08:52

according to Brazilian media Kubica already has contract offer from Williams and now team is waiting for he's decision (or maybe is already decided).

Date: 05 November, 2017 09:27

What is going on with Kubica? is he in or out?

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 09:57

Quote:
Albi-Quin
Think itíll be Di Resta, heís a known quantity. On a one year contract, then if he cuts the mustard keep him, if not. Sign a new driver.

There are too many years where we have had this attitude. It doesnt do the deal. We need good drivers in our car. Period.
Senna, Nakajima, Massa, Pizzonia, Di Resta.. all mediocre.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Date: 05 November, 2017 12:10

Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Albi-Quin

There are too many years where we have had this attitude. It doesnt do the deal. We need good drivers in our car. Period.
Senna, Nakajima, Massa, Pizzonia, Di Resta.. all mediocre.

Senna mediocre, you realise that Senna was probably the best driver that ever drove at Williams.
In 1994 in a terrible unstable car "Quote Newey" he did 3 races until his death he took 3 pole-positons, and leed every single lap until he died.
You shouldnt even been putting Sennas name in the same sentence as the others.

Marco Cardoso

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 12:36

I think Albi was referring to Bruno.

Date: 05 November, 2017 12:44

AlanJones was referring to Bruno Senna not Ayrton Senna.

Date: 05 November, 2017 13:01

In that case is right lol didn't even remember Bruno Senna.

Marco Cardoso

Posted by: Duffer (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 13:40

Lol.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Date: 05 November, 2017 15:30

I thought it was self explanatory naming Senna

Date: 05 November, 2017 21:05

Quote:
AlanJones
I thought it was self explanatory naming Senna

It was AJ smiling smiley

Ayrton on the other hand was a person who could explain engineers what he needed from the car to get the best out of it.
And that is what Williams needs again!

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 21:27

I think DiResta is a shoe in for the Williams ride ... it would be sacrilege to see post Brexit if only 1 British Driver is on the grid. That would send a message British drivers suck.

Posted by: silny (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2017 21:39

Quote:
phatjack
I think DiResta is a shoe in for the Williams ride ... it would be sacrilege to see post Brexit if only 1 British Driver is on the grid. That would send a message British drivers suck.

Lol
Lets take @#$%& driver just because he is british!!!

Date: 05 November, 2017 22:33

Quote:
phatjack

Donald Trump, is that you?

Date: 06 November, 2017 19:11

Quote:
phatjack

They don't suck.. they're just out of reach for Williams. Those that are worth something that is...

I'll just sit back and watch if Kubica did earn the last GP chance with Williams in 2017 at Abu Dhabi... and see what he does with it.
I believe the man can show what he's worth in tenths or seconds.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2017 20:41

British drivers seem to have done OK so far.

Current Page: 38 of 44
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net