Current Page: 1 of 44
Kubica in Williams?
Posted by: Imrageth (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2017 20:50

Kubica hopefully seems to be heading back to F1... Logical choice for him would be Renault but would you like to see him in Williams?

Re: Kubica in Williams?
Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 06:55

I thought Kubica was definitely WDC material, but surely his chances of a comeback at any team are close to zero.

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 07:01

What exactly is his injury situation these days?? Fully 100% recovered?

Posted by: gpl (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 07:06

Even Kubica at 90% would be quicker than the guys we have now.

The mans a racer like Max

I would take him all day long if he told me he could still cut it.

Posted by: Myvatn (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 07:34

Quote:
Stu69
I saw a picture of him showing his left arm, taken at his test with Renault. Sadly didn't look good at all. It would be a great story to see him come back, but the chances are really low sadly.

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 07:55

Quote:
Myvatn
Quote:
Stu69
I saw a picture of him showing his left arm, taken at his test with Renault. Sadly didn't look good at all. It would be a great story to see him come back, but the chances are really low sadly.

Thanks, I thought he was still messed up. Sad as a good racer.

Posted by: phatjack (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 09:47

"A reporter from the French newspaper L'Equipe said on Twitter that the 32-year-old conducted a race-simulation run and set a fastest lap time quicker than Renault reserve driver Sergei Sirotkin."

Isn't Sirotkin rumoured to replace Palmer?

Date: 12 June, 2017 10:59

Quote:
phatjack
"A reporter from the French newspaper L'Equipe said on Twitter that the 32-year-old conducted a race-simulation run and set a fastest lap time quicker than Renault reserve driver Sergei Sirotkin."
Isn't Sirotkin rumoured to replace Palmer?

I think if he's slower than a guy with only one arm his chances wouldn't be rated that high.smiling smiley

Seriously, though, Renault are investing loadsamoney and they want a top driver - preferably Alonso.

BTW, Brundle reckoned a car would need modification for Kubica . . . all those fiddly buttons and stuff,

Posted by: K1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 11:30

It would help the debate if the times posted by Kubica were published. Why aren't they? No one is saying anything apart from the usual speculation. Kubica was good when he was good and a lot of people have made outrageous claims of his potential. I would doubt that he'll return. It's one thing testing in an old pre current PU car and what he could do with a current car. I would also doubt whether he would qualify for a superlicence anyway, under the current regime.

Posted by: Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 12:45

Why bother unless there was a story behind it? Would he really be consistently faster over a GP than LeClerk or Rowland? I somehow doubt it. His talent is not an issue. His injury is.

Date: 12 June, 2017 13:19

Quote:
K1
It would help the debate if the times posted by Kubica were published. Why aren't they? No one is saying anything apart from the usual speculation. Kubica was good when he was good and a lot of people have made outrageous claims of his potential. I would doubt that he'll return. It's one thing testing in an old pre current PU car and what he could do with a current car. I would also doubt whether he would qualify for a superlicence anyway, under the current regime.

From Mark Hughes almost .5 second.

[disqus.com]

Edit: plus some

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 13:20 by phatjack.

Posted by: forcedown (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2017 21:50

Stop this useless topic. We should discuss who is son of billionaire will drive for Williams next. Thats it.
Canada - 9th its just a luck.

PayWilliams F1 Team.

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2017 08:06

Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Why bother unless there was a story behind it? Would he really be consistently faster over a GP than LeClerk or Rowland? I somehow doubt it. His talent is not an issue. His injury is.

With this years cars being more physically demanding, where one could actually hear a driver gasp for breath in some onboard radios, I doubt that Kubicas injury will not play a negative role.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Date: 13 June, 2017 09:05

From the link I posted above, to be determined.

Quote:
Have spoken with the team here in Montreal. It began as a nice idea from the team to help their former driver complete the circle. It was arranged months ago. The GP3 and Formula E tests were part of the preparation for the test, he trained massively hard to get fit for several months and worked a lot in the Enstone simulator (in which he was very fast). His outstanding performance in the actual test means that it has created a question which wasn't there before - about whether he does something further, with them. There is not a concrete plan yet to do so. But the next questions are obviously whether he would be ok through high speed corners for a race distance of, say, Silverstone or Suzuka, whether he could get enough steering lock on for the hairpin at Monaco. but these are questions that his performance has made suddenly of possible relevance. His performance in Valencia was quite amazing and described as absolutely consistent with the driver who last raced there in 2010. If anything happens, it's not imminent. Both sides need now to consider what they'd like to do next.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2017 09:09 by phatjack.

Posted by: Mehryar (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2017 12:12

About his physical fitness for 2017 cars, it shouldn't be a problem.as far as I am aware, his physical form is ok, problem is limitation of his arm movement.
Monaco should be impossible if his last year conditions are in place.

Anyway, something about breathing issue AJ mentioned.we have heard sooo many team radios, even from older ones like Kimi, Alonso and Massa.also from teens like Max and Lance, no one seems to be in trouble like Lewis, they talk absolutely right and normal regardless of which track they are driving.interesting it happens to Lewis on a year he parted ways with his fitness manager and doing it himself!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Posted by: j-s (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2017 01:06

No money no honey. He won't come back

Posted by: gpl (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2017 11:12

Get him in one of our cars the mans a racer.

He says he can do it so lets roll the dice.

Posted by: SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 00:42

Robert Kubica says he can drive a F1 car 'without limitations:

[www.autosport.com]

He may be talking himself up, but it would be a pretty remarkable story if he could match it with the best in F1 again.

I'd certainly love to see him make a competitive comeback

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2017 19:25

Well in the case that his injuries are not prohibiting him from any ability to steer the way he did before, Id give him a go,

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Date: 18 June, 2017 19:36

Quote:
SydneyF1Fan
He may be talking himself up, but it would be a pretty remarkable story if he could match it with the best in F1 again.
I'd certainly love to see him make a competitive comeback

It sounds impossible. However, there are those that recover from the most terrible adversity . . . Alex Zanardi, for example. The state of Johnny Herbert's ankles would have put most of us off racing forever. But he was driving again before he could walk. So, who knows.

All the same . . . 6 years out of F1 . . . it's still a long shot.

Current Page: 1 of 44
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net