Current Page: 544 of 545
Re: News and Stuff
Posted by: AlanJones (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2017 23:41

My hunch is that Paddy doesnt want it to come down to the price. I reckon we could be in for a factory works team. There is no harm to be done in trying to get such a deal done.

Still, the new engine rulings arent set 100%. This will be done by the WMSC in December. We could expect interested parties to make their announcements afterwards in the upcoming year. As it is expected that designing and testing an engine from scratch (for new entrees) will take up to two years to complete.

On a side note, hardly anyone has noticed. But if I read it correctly, the Internal Combustion Engine in its dimensions and weight will be fixed. This will likely not differ from current standards or at least would be legal under current rulings. That could mean that any manufacturer could join pre 2021 as a testing year for the ICE. The only thing is the MGU's (and perhaps a turbo) that one will not develop themselves for just that one season. But if one can get it from a specialized company, lets say GKN (the old Williams Hybrid Power department), you could run a year (or two) with an ICE that has the architecture of the 2021 engine to test its limits. I would say it is not excluded that manufacturers could join earlier than 2021. And I for one would applaud it if Williams would set a year aside to go this route with a manufacturer.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Posted by: Stuart L (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2017 08:23

Reality is there is no real news about our team at present other than the obvious speculation (chief speculator being Marco Cardozo and his line of threads in the same subject, lol) about drivers for 2017. That speculation will continue until we have news clarity.

I'm interested in hearing wider news about the team and wider speculation;

SPONSORS. Will any change in 18. Suspect Rexona is up for renewal and I am wary of McLaren poaching them given their leader put the sponsorship together. This may be why we are exploring money all candidates for the team can bring?

ENGINEERS. Would love to know the comings and goings of engineers. Renault has an open chequebook to grow so we must be losing people but who is joining. How is Paddy changing things, what new blood is he and his leadership team bringing.

Claire's baby. She must be due a Hello or Ok. Agazine photo shoot (ithink im half joking about this), and we all love a cute baby photo, so come on paparazzi show us some photos.

Think I just speculated rather than brought news, but I want to hear more wider than just driver choice.

Date: 02 November, 2017 09:26

Usually; the quieter the news, the bigger the reveal.

And as far as I know Unilever is still on for 2018 as well as Martini. But indeed are into their last year.

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2017 09:54

Lol I just posted news in tweets, as far as I know nothing had been revealed.
Williams will make their choice and I hope it's the better one.
I'll keep supporting them.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Posted by: Carbon Industries (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2017 10:51

O/T....Mahendra Singh Dhoni = Legend (Sm152)

Posted by: Damon96 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 17:23

[www.autosport.com]

They've been in F1 a long time, I know it is only 1 but if more start going will this get teams twitchy?

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 18:22

I read a rumour that Randstad is leaving

Posted by: Francesc (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 19:28

Quote:
Gunk

Thankfully Randstad and Avanade. Don't get me wrong, I say thankfully because with them leaving the team can't afford to waste money on Massa's salary.

Posted by: Gunk (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2017 21:05

Quote:
Francesc
Quote:
Gunk

Thankfully Randstad and Avanade. Don't get me wrong, I say thankfully because with them leaving the team can't afford to waste money on Massa's salary.

(Sm6)

Somehow, Francesc, I have the impression you won't be joining in with the Massa blubfest this weekend.

Date: 10 November, 2017 21:57

Gunk and francesc, where did you hear two sponsors are leaving. Do you have a source to share please.

If Randstad are going I will be very sad. I will say a v big thankyou to them, because they were at times pretty much our biggest non driver linked sponsor through our barren period. Incredibly loyal and I thank them.

As a Dutch based global business I could not blame them for aligning with verstappen / red bull going forward, but I am immensely proud of the support they have given our team for nigh on 12 years

Hope you have this wrong.

Posted by: Francesc (IP Logged)
Date: 11 November, 2017 07:11

Quote:
Stuart L
Gunk and francesc, where did you hear two sponsors are leaving. Do you have a source to share please.
If Randstad are going I will be very sad. I will say a v big thankyou to them, because they were at times pretty much our biggest non driver linked sponsor through our barren period. Incredibly loyal and I thank them.

As a Dutch based global business I could not blame them for aligning with verstappen / red bull going forward, but I am immensely proud of the support they have given our team for nigh on 12 years

Hope you have this wrong.

[www.auto-motor-und-sport.de]

Date: 11 November, 2017 11:19

Thankyou francesc.

Posted by: pixel (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2017 09:24

Big discounts in the online shop - does this indicate some sponsor changes for next year?

Posted by: Stu69 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2017 09:56

Buy one Lance TShirt and get 5 Massa TShirts for free! Washing instructions “do not boil and slow spin only”

Mean while at McHonda, buy one Alonso T shirt with his photo on the front with a photo of Massa on the rear, “Fernando is faster than you!” slogan.

Posted by: williams4284 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2017 08:25

I need to uplaod a picture over this page to ask a question about it. Can someone explain how to do it?

Posted by: Marco Cardoso (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2017 10:17

Quote:
williams4284
I need to uplaod a picture over this page to ask a question about it. Can someone explain how to do it?

[img]put the image link[/img] I think it's like this williams4284 but in the desktop or laptop it makes the insert image automatic, in a mobile it as to be manualy.

Marco Cardoso

I've been wrong before and i'll be wrong again.

Date: 15 November, 2017 10:46

And should you need to upload it from your PC/laptop first, you can use imgur.com to get that url.

Date: 15 November, 2017 17:28

http://imgur.com/a/Hcnm3

First of all thanks to Raiden for sending how to do this and to Marco and Alan Jones for their replies above.

I always buy the Williams diecast models and one month ago or so I got the FW 40.

On the model, I spotted a yellow dot on the side pod under/ in front of the Rexona as seen in the picture.

At first I taught it was a stain maybe from excess glue, but then the seller sent this pic explaining its a decal.

Anyone knows what is it for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2017 17:36 by williams4284.

Date: 15 November, 2017 17:29

https://imgur.com/a/Hcnm3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2017 17:30 by williams4284.

Date: 15 November, 2017 17:36

https://imgur.com/a/N4GOd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2017 17:38 by williams4284.

Current Page: 544 of 545
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net